This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By MarkB82 (Mark Bedwell)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So im just curious when this is going evolve past needing no fed cards to support it? It C shouldn’t be a requirement to have an alliance card or [NA]
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Huh?

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Probably referring to the [EE] needed to staff it, making it pretty much restricted to [Fed] without some icon shenanigans.

I was actually just thinking about it the other day, and how it is one of my absolute least favorite design choices Decipher ever made.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If I read OP correctly, they are asking when a federation flagship: relaunched deck will be boosted to the point that you don't have to play it in conjunction with a treaty or [NA] support like Son'a. I assume that they are referring to skill holes or more free reports, as I quite enjoy playing them as they are.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:37 am If I read OP correctly, they are asking when a federation flagship: relaunched deck will be boosted to the point that you don't have to play it in conjunction with a treaty or [NA] support like Son'a. I assume that they are referring to skill holes or more free reports, as I quite enjoy playing them as they are.
Spot on, I'm kind of confused why it wasn't just rolled into TNG like it seems to be in 2nd Ed (or has the out of play restrictions tweaked so it has access to a larger card pool).
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
As I understand it, Decipher decided to make the [EE] to make sure these versions of the characters were "different" from the original versions. I'm sure that, in hindsight, they might have made a different choice.

We have a expansion in testing right now that is all about the TNG movies, and if things go well it will be out later this year. There are a few new toys for [EE]. We shall see how they shake out.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well I assumed it was more you had to use the right versions in the right ship (plus they made the card that let them report aboard).

Sounds cool, but atm you have silly things like with the thundechild and bozemen both being first contact ships but the matching commanders put flagship relaunched out of play.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
MarkB82 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:40 pm Well I assumed it was more you had to use the right versions in the right ship (plus they made the card that let them report aboard).

Sounds cool, but atm you have silly things like with the thundechild and bozemen both being first contact ships but the matching commanders put flagship relaunched out of play.
I can't say anything specific at this point, but this is certainly something we're looking at as we are working on design for a new set covering the TNG movies.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Well that's cool, it would be nice if you could build a deck with more than two fed ships in.

BTW, what was the reason all power to weapons was banned from 1 Ed. Seemed a very odd card to ban.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Casualty of War…
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I think all those engagement cards were designed for 2E, not with 1E in mind.

Would Incoming Message: Attack Authorisation not work for you?

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
It certainly does and what I use to use. I would think they are as they have the backwards compatible symbol. It's just loses you a card play instead of using an interrupt. Rather odd decision anyway.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
They banned all backwards compatible cards in order to eliminate the Backwards Compatibility rules supplement.

Edit: See Metamorphosis and Related Articles.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I think all the 2EBC Maneuver cards should just be converted to tactics. That would make the most sense to me at least.

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]