This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which upcoming projects are you excited about?

The Motion Pictures: Remastered
12%
Paradise Lost
15%
TNG Movie Set
15%
AU/QC Sequel Set
33%
Delta Quadrant Sets
24%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

Happy Friday! Today, the first Friday in June, I thought I'd take a minute to update you on the next 4-5 expansions coming and see which ones have your interest. I'll give you a more in-depth preview, including updates on all of our smaller projects, in the future. For now, here's an overview of the next few "standard" size expansions:

The Motion Pictures: Remastered
This remastered version of Decipher's last full-sized 1E expansion is coming very soon. In it, we've got high resolutions of all 134 cards, with 84 of them getting remastered updates. Most of those are small changes - fixing named-in-lore references, typos, or correcting mistakes. However, there are some higher profile changes as well. For example:

• Team Sybok gets updated with the new [SKR] icon which premiered earlier this year in Second Star to the Right.
  • Khan and his followers become "augments," giving them a shared mechanical hook with the [22] augments.
  • Odd clarifications and rules from the glossary now appear on the cards.
Plus, all of the remaining banned cards from The Motion Pictures will return to the game when TMP: R releases. You can expect that to happen very soon as soon as we finalize the last few details.

Paradise Lost
Coming hot on the heels of TMP: Remastered will be Paradise Lost, the 2nd of our 2 Classic Films expansions. This expansion will focus on Sybok and his Army of Light as well as Khan and his followers, giving each of those decks different goals to go along with their new tools. Sybok can recruit allies to his banner out of your own deck, with easy access to Release This Pain. He can even steal a ship out of your opponent's deck! Meanwhile, Khan gets a new location to build his army and much easier access to his opponent's personnel. At the same time, he can use those he controls with an eel in new ways! But if you aren't a fan of Ceti Eels or Releasing This Pain, don't worry - there is plenty of fun to be had.

Untitled TNG Movie Set
After we finish up with the classic films era, we're going to bring you tons of new cards from the TNG films. In particular, this will feature a lot of long-desired content from Star Trek: Nemesis, giving you ways to play Shinzon and the Reman army like never before. At the same time, the crew of the Enterprise-E gets new weapons to fight for the Federation and even the Vulcans show up to make an impression.

Untitled Alternate Universe / Q Continuum Sequel
With all the fun others are having with multiverse stories, why not STCCG? This virtual set is inspired by the classic Decipher expansions Alternate Universe and Q Continuum. You'll find stories about tricksters and gods, tales from alternate universes and timelines, and more. All drawn from across all of the available material. We're also testing the waters in exploring STCCG's own "What if...?" stories, with cards that recreate long-removed rules and game play patters.

Delta Quadrant Sets I & II
These two sets are just getting started with design, but will revisit the factions and groups making the [1E-DQ] home. There will be new ways to play Kazon, Vidiian, and Hirogen, as well as new toys for Federation, Non-Aligned, Klingon, Borg, and Maquis decks. It's been far too long since much development has been given to the DQ, and it's time to correct that with this pair of expansions.

So, which of these upcoming projects are you excited to see? Are there specific cards or story moments from them you just have to see turned into cards? What has you excited to think about? And what expectations do you have for these projects? I've set up a poll, and you can vote for each expansion you have excited for. But please feel free to sound off in comments about what on this list has you excited for the future!

-crp

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I'm looking forward to see what the delta quadrant have left to give.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think AU and QC stuff is always exciting. It hearkens back to the day when the CCG was new, and everything felt innovative, fresh, and shocking. Even the icon itself, [1E-AU] , conjures up feelings of nostalgia.

[1E-DQ] was one of Decipher's biggest mistakes, from a game design perspective. Decipher was smart when it came to [1E-GQ] and [MQ] , but totally dropped the ball when it came to Voyager. Allowing players to essentially force two separate game boards, one for each player, takes most of the "game" out of the game. The idea that one game system can encompass every aspect of such an expansive, fictional universe is enticing and fascinating, but it doesn't necessarily lead to the best gameplay.

Perpetuating that mistake by supporting it was probably the CC's second greatest mistake of all time, when it comes to 1E. I get that "Voyager" is going to be the favorite show for some fans, and by extension some players, but the game suffers and will continue to suffer for its inclusion from a purely mechanical perspective - and the only way to fix that, while still including it, would be to violate Trek-sense to the point of unrecognizability.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just so we are clear, there are Plenty of ways to reach every quadrant in the game right now. For the cost of 2 seed cards and a handful of doorways in your deck, you can guarantee access to any spaceline location. If you throw in a third seeded doorway, you can time travel as well. If you want to blow up someone's Kazon raider, Voyager, or Cube, you can do it no matter where you start and no matter where they start.

If there's anything wrong with the [1E-DQ] , it isn't access problems.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:56 am Paradise Lost (albeit I’m a tad biased)…
My votes also are a bit biased. :shifty:

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
winterflames wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:52 pm Just so we are clear, there are Plenty of ways to reach every quadrant in the game right now. For the cost of 2 seed cards and a handful of doorways in your deck, you can guarantee access to any spaceline location. If you throw in a third seeded doorway, you can time travel as well. If you want to blow up someone's Kazon raider, Voyager, or Cube, you can do it no matter where you start and no matter where they start.

If there's anything wrong with the [1E-DQ] , it isn't access problems.
I disagree slightly. I do think there's plenty of ways for dedicated battle decks, but the problem is the [1E-DQ] cuts off *spontaneous* interaction. but that also comes back to the ore issue the game has had of battle being an all or nothing strategy.

In a more perfet world, I want to be knocked out of a win by having the vidiians come at me, steal the organs of 2-3 people, and disappear. I want the idea of battle being a delaying tactic that kills 1-2 people per battle, much like dilemmas. I shouldn't be enough to knock you out of the game, but buy turns.

Casual, unplanned interaction like that was part of the game from the beginning, and continued with DS9 making the wormhole pretty manditory if you were GQ.

IMO, the burden of travel options should be on the non-AQ player (the way the game is currently). If you are in the G/D/MQ, you should have to see one of the doorways that work for both players, full stop.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Disagree.

Not all decks *should* have the same access to all other decks.

The galaxy is a big place. If you choose to play in the alpha quadrant, cool. You should be able to interact with other alpha quadrant affiliations.

But it doesn't follow that you should be able to interact with the Delta affiliations.

Sometimes folks are just really far apart and the game becomes a solving race.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
As much I will likely enjoy TNG movie stuff, the DQ sets most intrigue me bc Vidioans desperately neeed stuff and bc the [1E-DQ] is seemingly always unbalanced. Its either too powerful or it's too weak. The absolute goal of those sets needs to be finding a way to get it permanently balanced.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:As much I will likely enjoy TNG movie stuff, the DQ sets most intrigue me bc Vidioans desperately neeed stuff and bc the [1E-DQ] is seemingly always unbalanced. Its either too powerful or it's too weak. The absolute goal of those sets needs to be finding a way to get it permanently balanced.
I am surprised to agree with this. Though, I think it's in part influenced by the interesting things I've heard behind the scenes about the [1E-DQ] stuff. Flavor is nice and all, but the mechanics... :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Delta Quadrant has so much to offer yet. I hope we see some new ways to play the USS Voyager, it's not like each season they started out at the Caretaker's Array. For example, when can we start the game in Season 6? We also need named [1E-DQ] [Fed] shuttlecraft like the Cochrane and Sacagawae. Lots of [NA] options, like the Krenim, tons of [Holo] content missing, especially the Killing Game content. Unimatrix Zero and the Cooperative have barely been represented. A [1E-Fer] USS Voyager with [Flip] [Flip] you can seed and earn back in the Alpha Quadrant (am I going too far again?).

I was hoping the [1E-AU] and [Q] set would be two different sets. I think "Time's Up!" would be a great name for the set. In that scenario it would make a great home for the Krenim. But I'm sure you guys have your own ideas.

Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.

But in the end, whatever you guys do, I do appreciate the effort and time it takes to make these cards and try to create game balance. Thank You.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:03 am Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.
Isn't Federation Flagship: Relaunched that play engine?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
enabrantain wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:03 am
Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.
I will say that it's simple fact that Nemesis is the least-tapped TNG era movie, most likely because it wasn't out when Decipher made The Motion Pictures.

However, there is stuff in development using source material from all four movies, so hopefully something in the end product will appeal to you. :cheersL:
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation