This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which upcoming projects are you excited about?

The Motion Pictures: Remastered
12%
Paradise Lost
15%
TNG Movie Set
15%
AU/QC Sequel Set
33%
Delta Quadrant Sets
24%

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:56 am
enabrantain wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:03 am Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.
Isn't Federation Flagship: Relaunched that play engine?
Yes, it's not the engine that's the problem. It's the lack of personnel to play with the engine. I'm guessing some Nemesis people will have the [EE] icon.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
From the one's on the list, the AU and QC 'what if' style sounds awesome.

Not from the list: Projects Warrior and Annika haha Been looking forward to them for a few years. Totally get they are on hold and low priority but MAN, want to see those :)

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:26 am
enabrantain wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:03 am
Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.
I will say that it's simple fact that Nemesis is the least-tapped TNG era movie, most likely because it wasn't out when Decipher made The Motion Pictures.

However, there is stuff in development using source material from all four movies, so hopefully something in the end product will appeal to you. :cheersL:
Agreed on Nemesis. But, if I am reading between the lines on the original post, I think the lack of enthusiasm for Nemesis stuff is also because its not really that great a movie.

Enabran can correct me if I am wrong :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:03 am Seeing the emphasis on Nemesis has killed alot of my interest in the TNG movie set, but I know other people will like it so it's good you are making it. There will be other things in it, hopefully a [EE] play engine will be added to the game to give First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision cards an icon club. Then I'll have to use the Nemesis cards.
No, that card does not do what I'm saying at all. It never has, and unless it's rewritten and/or given support cards to help rewrite it, it never will. The fact that you have to discard it if you don't use only [EE] and FC personnel does not give Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision properties a home, unless you create a support card to give those personnel the [EE] icon. If you give [EE] to ships as an era icon it gives access to other cards for bonuses as well. If anything, it would make Federation Flagship: Relaunched actually usefull. CC doesn't have to go this route, and maybe they wont. It's out of my hands, and in the end I just might make my own card to handle it.

It's true, I'm no fan of the movie Star Trek: Nemesis, but I know other people are. They've put up with the Mirror Block, Enterprise Block, TOS series and movie Blocks... all of which I thoroughly enjoyed, so it's their turn now, and the Nemesis content is missing from the game. I'm sure there will be other things in the set to make me happy. Definetly looking forward to the second TOS Movie expansion, it seems the older I get, the better those movies look to me now.

Here's a question to shut up all of the Nemesis haters like me: Will we get a Steamrunner/Saber/Norway class ship in the TNG movie set? Bonus points if you say all three.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:35 pm
No, that card does not do what I'm saying at all. It never has, and unless it's rewritten and/or given support cards to help rewrite it, it never will. The fact that you have to discard it if you don't use only [EE] and FC personnel does not give Insurrection, Nemesis and Activision properties a home, unless you create a support card to give those personnel the [EE] icon. If you give [EE] to ships as an era icon it gives access to other cards for bonuses as well. If anything, it would make Federation Flagship: Relaunched actually usefull. CC doesn't have to go this route, and maybe they wont. It's out of my hands, and in the end I just might make my own card to handle it.

It's true, I'm no fan of the movie Star Trek: Nemesis, but I know other people are. They've put up with the Mirror Block, Enterprise Block, TOS series and movie Blocks... all of which I thoroughly enjoyed, so it's their turn now, and the Nemesis content is missing from the game. I'm sure there will be other things in the set to make me happy. Definetly looking forward to the second TOS Movie expansion, it seems the older I get, the better those movies look to me now.

Here's a question to shut up all of the Nemesis haters like me: Will we get a Steamrunner/Saber/Norway class ship in the TNG movie set? Bonus points if you say all three.
The whole mess with [EE] and Relaunched is why I have argued relentlessly for the First Contact expansion icon to be used as the era icon for the post-Generations movies.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Or, and here's a thing, hang with me, they could design a new icon and card which would connect the whole batch, then issue Errata according to the new card. If it functioned like Continuing Mission, it could drive Movie decks for multiple factions, not just TNG movie feds.

It is possible, as well, that this is what they have already done and we just haven't seen it yet.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]