This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
St. John Talbot

For some reason, when making TMP, Decipher made him a Civillian, instead of a V.I.P.

Now, while the man may be a bit disreputable, he was a Federation Ambassador.

The other two Nimbus III representatives are both V.I.P.

If you look at all the other personnel who are ambassadors (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/traits.php?se ... lude2ebc=0) ALL are V.I.P. unless they are another main classification. (OFFICER or SECURITY).

There is only one other so-called ambassador who is a CIVILIAN, and that's Neelix. St. John deserves better. I humbly petition for the redress of this grievance and ask that since he's already beet remastered, we correct his status to the proper VIPness that he desires.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
DISCO Rox No More wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:51 pm I think the fact that he was Civilian instead of VIP was supposed to reflect the fact that he himself did not think of himself as being very important, just another loser exile on a worthless lump of rock.
:thumbsup:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
He is a nice Group Therapy Law grab...don't take that away from me!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Dukat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:45 am
Armus wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:27 pm He can take a number right behind Dorian Collins...
I do not get this.

Some kind of running gag?
Dorian Collins has an Integrity 3, which seems way out of line with the character we see on screen. She was also converted from the 2E Dorian Collins, where Integrity is her best attribute. It's likely the clearest "error" in the game.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:27 pm He can take a number right behind Dorian Collins...
I do not get this.

For reference, here's the FIRST really long thread that started it all. I think there's been one or two other long threads since then both on the public boards and on the staff boards.

Needless to say it has been and still is a major point of contention that probably isn't going to get fixed anytime soon. As such, Dorian has become the poster child for such "errors" similar to SJT, etc.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I do not get this.

Her INTEGRITY tasks them and they shall have it! They'll chase the CC round the forums of Trek and round the Discords and 'round perdition's flames before they give up!

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:Yes. There is some contention
about Integrity 3 and Honor somehow not being compatible with her actual actions in the episode.
Indeed.
AllenGould wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 am
I do not get this. Some kind of running gag?

Her INTEGRITY tasks them and they shall have it! They'll chase the CC round the forums of Trek and round the Discords and 'round perdition's flames before they give up!
They shall.

(I've been/am/have to be lurking, past months. I've been really proud at how little I've reacted in those recent flare-ups of that discussion, being able to be content with the fact that other already [re-]voiced my concerns.)

Also,
Professor Scott wrote:He is a nice Group Therapy Law grab...don't take that away from me!
Having this washed-up guy attend a therapy session to address his self-destructive behaviour (not many cigarettes smoked in 23th century, I think?) and his inferiority complex (obviously), is very very 1e and also very RPG.

I agree: It shalt not be taken hence from thee!

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
SudenKapala wrote:Having this washed-up guy attend a therapy session to address his self-destructive behaviour (not many cigarettes smoked in 23th century, I think?) and his inferiority complex (obviously), is very very 1e and also very RPG.
]

This came up with Rios in Picard, but in a future where they have rewritten alcohol to not be harmful (synthehol) it’s not a stretch to assume that there are non-harmful smoking possibilities. (Or the harms can easily be cured at points).
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:56 am This came up with Rios in Picard, but in a future where they have rewritten alcohol to not be harmful (synthehol) it’s not a stretch to assume that there are non-harmful smoking possibilities. (Or the harms can easily be cured at points).
There's a big caveat there - synthehol is specifically Replicator Made, Federation Approved non-harmful booze... but Trek also has a long history of showing characters drinking "the good stuff" (Romulan ale is canonically shown to be 100% intoxicating). And given that Romulan ale is also canonically *illegal* and you see multiple officers drinking the stuff, I think it's pretty safe to assume that bootlegging and prohibition work as well in the future as they ever did in the past (namely, "just fine" and "not at all")

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]