This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Please help me understand.
Scenario for context: My opponent has two personnel at a planet where he has processed ore: mining. I move my Valiant over and beam a nonaligned away team down from the ship and initiate personnel battle.

Question 1) If my nonaligned away team beam is from a Federation ship do they have attack restrictions?
Per the glossary an away team must be designated to a single ship or facility to be considered associated with.
Question 2) What does (associated with) mean?

Scenario for context: After Beaming up my nonaligned personnel I then move my Valiant over to my planet mission. Beam all but two cadets down to the planet and announced that my Federation personnel will attempt the mission. The dilemma combo is entertaining display than males love interest and Plague ship.
Question 3) May I designate an attempt of a mission with only half my personnel on the planet surface and thereby divide my away team?
The glossary states your compatible personnel aboard one ship or facility at one site or on one planet surface (outside of a facility or landed ship) must form a single away team or crew.
Question4) If yes may my unstopped nonaligned personnel on planet surface attack and kill Mila?
Thanks for your time.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm Please help me understand.
Scenario for context: My opponent has two personnel at a planet where he has processed ore: mining. I move my Valiant over and beam a nonaligned away team down from the ship and initiate personnel battle.

Question 1) If my nonaligned away team beam is from a Federation ship do they have attack restrictions?
They do not have attack restrictions. Away Team battles on planets are fought between Away Teams that are present with each other. Your Federation ship is not present with them.
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pmPer the glossary an away team must be designated to a single ship or facility to be considered associated with.
Question 2) What does (associated with) mean?
Associated basically means that is their "home" ship when they run into some card, usually a dilemma like Alien Parasites, that instructs them to return to their ship.

Glossary
An Away Team can be associated with only one ship or space facility at a time. If you beam Away Teams from multiple ships or facilities to the same planet, you must designate which single ship or facility the new combined Away Team will be associated with. An Away Team remains associated with the ship it beamed (or disembarked) from until they board another of your ships or space facilities, become associated with another ship by joining that ship's Away Team, or are separated by the departure of the ship or the Away Team from that location (including the ship time-traveling into the future via Temporal Rift). For example, if you play Memory Wipe on your ship, beam an Away Team to a planet, and move the ship to another location, those personnel revert to their normal affiliations.
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pmScenario for context: After Beaming up my nonaligned personnel I then move my Valiant over to my planet mission. Beam all but two cadets down to the planet and announced that my Federation personnel will attempt the mission. The dilemma combo is entertaining display than males love interest and Plague ship.
Question 3) May I designate an attempt of a mission with only half my personnel on the planet surface and thereby divide my away team?
No.

Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pmThe glossary states your compatible personnel aboard one ship or facility at one site or on one planet surface (outside of a facility or landed ship) must form a single away team or crew.
Correct.
Bareil of Borg wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pmQuestion4) If yes may my unstopped nonaligned personnel on planet surface attack and kill Mila?
Thanks for your time.
Depends. Stopped personnel form a separate away team. So if all your Federation people are stopped, they are not in the same away team as your NA personnel, and your NA personnel are free to push Mila down the stairs of her basement to her death, like a bunch of big bad Jem'Hadar.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Takket wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:19 pm So if all your Federation people are stopped, they are not in the same away team as your NA personnel, and your NA personnel are free to push Mila down the stairs of her basement to her death, like a bunch of big bad Jem'Hadar.
Ha! You don't need a bunch of big Jem'Hadar for that :D :D :D
Even Balok can do that job :D :D :D

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:18 am
Takket wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:19 pm So if all your Federation people are stopped, they are not in the same away team as your NA personnel, and your NA personnel are free to push Mila down the stairs of her basement to her death, like a bunch of big bad Jem'Hadar.
Ha! You don't need a bunch of big Jem'Hadar for that :D :D :D
Even Balok can do that job :D :D :D
Yeah, but Mila usually bring along her good friend and bodyguard, spot.
So you need Barash along as well. One can distract the cat, the other takes out the old woman.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]