This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't tell you how I've missed this South American gentleman since the oughts. Now Dix is finally back, and Carlos is no longer effectively blank!

10/10 would ice again

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
COACH K BIRTHDAY FREE STRAT GIVEAWAY:

Bummed about invasive beam in getting a countdown? I know I am. But I'm here to let you know that, this, the day of my 41st prime number birthday there is hope for a bright future.

Quark's Isolinear Rods + Carlos + Q's Tent + Dixon Hill + Betazed Invasion allows you to not have to worry about which jem'hadar that you breed and you don't need guns (though they still help). Plus, you can put them together to redraw your Invasive beam in, disruptor overloads, phaser burns or whatever DURING THE EXECUTE ORDERS PHASE after you Assign Support Personnel + Deyos. Then separate them again to draw more action off the deck!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 am COACH K BIRTHDAY FREE STRAT GIVEAWAY:

Bummed about invasive beam in getting a countdown? I know I am. But I'm here to let you know that, this, the day of my 41st prime number birthday there is hope for a bright future.

Quark's Isolinear Rods + Carlos + Q's Tent + Dixon Hill + Betazed Invasion allows you to not have to worry about which jem'hadar that you breed and you don't need guns (though they still help). Plus, you can put them together to redraw your Invasive beam in, disruptor overloads, phaser burns or whatever DURING THE EXECUTE ORDERS PHASE after you Assign Support Personnel + Deyos. Then separate them again to draw more action off the deck!
Oh fun!

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:46 am COACH K BIRTHDAY FREE STRAT GIVEAWAY:

Really this works in all Continuing Mission decks also as long as you have enough personnel that can get the CM card draw and can be used with 2 Computer Crashes to keep Computer Crash out forever.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
geraldkw wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:18 am

Really this works in all Continuing Mission decks also as long as you have enough personnel that can get the CM card draw and can be used with 2 Computer Crashes to keep Computer Crash out forever.
Isn't the inverse also true? You could to the same trick with Quark's Isolinear Rods and go all game without having to worry about Computer Crash... :shifty:

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:30 am

Isn't the inverse also true? You could to the same trick with Quark's Isolinear Rods and go all game without having to worry about Computer Crash... :shifty:
True. I think one thing to note is that (from my limited perspective), most people aren't using a strategy that starts with "I just need to get this one card with Q's tent to complete my setup". I don't know if that's because the cost of having Q's tents in deck (and forgoing ref pile, etc) is too high to outweigh the benefits of just grabbing one more card early on or if it's just shortsightedness in deckbuilding.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:30 am

Absolutely the hidden layer of this strategy is that the very same deck will need to get them together to rebuy QiR bc it was used on Carlos and not 10 and 01 for high level protection. Dominion war efforts decks tend to rely heavily on downloading...... :P

Releasing Dixon Hill back into the wild is going to create a lot of rippling effects on the meta. Which imho is a good thing right now and should make for a more interesting worlds.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Turns out Carlos was the problem card all along!

BAN IT!! NOW!! BAN IT WITH FIRE!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

:P :P :P
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I can't say I'm hating a situation where people have to actually defend their download trickses.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]