This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like how Commander kyle is Modally affiliated, he either Is Fed or Is Not Fed, no choice like with multi affiliated cards. Was that something that took time to develop correctly?
Weirdly we tried that early on, and after lengthy debate, Rules approved it! Dual affiliation wasn’t ever the plan with Kyle…

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Also about Kyle:
what happens if Khan leaves play?
As I red it, he won't get back to [Fed] because it says "become" meaning "he is [NA] for now on"...
I’ll defer to Rules
@BCSWowbagger

Am I correct?

Also:

How does refugee Guinan works?
Eg. My [Kivas Fajo Collection] (can't find the icon) Guinan encounters an [1E-AU] dilemma:
Her skill says I could discard it; My opponents' Guinan says the contrary ...
Wich one is right?
Is there in the game a "strongest" vs "weakest" skill concept?

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ivofounder wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 am Also about Kyle:
what happens if Khan leaves play?
As I red it, he won't get back to [Fed] because it says "become" meaning "he is [NA] for now on"...
I’ll defer to Rules
@BCSWowbagger

Am I correct?

Also:

How does refugee Guinan works?
Eg. My [Kivas Fajo Collection] (can't find the icon) Guinan encounters an [1E-AU] dilemma:
Her skill says I could discard it; My opponents' Guinan says the contrary ...
Wich one is right?
Is there in the game a "strongest" vs "weakest" skill concept?
Can't beats can. Refugee Guinan wins and regular Guinan can't cancel [1E-AU] dilemmas while RG is in play.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Was there any confusion on Sfreett's species during playtesting?

Testing? No
Creative? Hell yeah…
2E’s version went with Kzinti, which was used for a while here, although we were also suggesting it should be the singular Kzin. However Memory Alpha doesn’t officially classify her as Kzinti, so eventually we opted to use a more generic option so as not to contradict either 2E or Memory Alpha.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:17 am Was there any confusion on Sfreett's species during playtesting?

Testing? No
Creative? Hell yeah…
2E’s version went with Kzinti, which was used for a while here, although we were also suggesting it should be the singular Kzin. However Memory Alpha doesn’t officially classify her as Kzinti, so eventually we opted to use a more generic option so as not to contradict either 2E or Memory Alpha.
That is actually cool to know, but I meant Feline and Humanoid. (I had been wondering why Caitian wasn't used, but Caitians seem to have more fur on screen. From my admittedly brief memory Alpha browsing.) Did anyone try to insist that Feline is a species trait instead of just an adjective?
Not during testing… Although no doubt Rules will address if needed…
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
How beginner friendly is the set?
Not very.
The Cage - free play anyone, it’s easy!
SSttR - free play one specific and one anyone, bit harder!
Paradise Lost - batshit crazy

Aside from CF, Tng and Ds9, who do Khan and Sybok work best with?
Khan - ENT Augments
Sybok - universal AQ folks

Which card did Rules have the most interaction with?

Which card most resembles the original pitch? The least?

Favorite image?
Space Lab Regula 1 - see Kaiser’s video preview!

Sleeper card?

Favorite card?

You are planning a crime. Which card represents who/what you take with you?
Colonel West!

You're planning a wild What Happens in Vegas style weekend. Which card represents who/what you take along?

You've reached the natural end of your life. Which card represents what/who you would like to have by your side?

Which card represents your secret crush?

I'm running out of Sybok puns for discord; what are your favorites?

Finally, Khan or Sybok?
Sybok all the way - between the two Khan has always been the favored child of the movie sets, so I was happy we could make a good push to giving ol' Sy his own space to excel.

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1. Is He took away my pain intended to work with non-themed decks (Sybok only, otherwise non-sybok guys like [Fed] [Kli] [1E-Rom] [NA] androids )?

How does the designer consider the power level of this card, in combination with other draw engines?

More info about the question here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&p=583879#p583879

2. Will there be more ships? :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ivofounder wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:52 am Is there in the set a card about the infamous Enterrprise deck 78 ?
Sorry, no.
That was covered in a prior set:

Bigger on the inside

Now, if anybody wanted to use the STV image for a tournament promo that would be big fun!

:D

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Has anyone tried to "bypass" the we'll need a starship + Breach barrier combo with shuttlepod two during testing? 'Cose that was my first thought...

Dude said he needed a starship. Didn't specify a *good* starship. ;)
Realistically - you're always going to get the worst starship in the opponent's deck. Question becomes - how many people stock bad ships? How many are going to take up deck space with a bad ship just for this?

Thinking about it... do my opponent scores Phoenix points if he commanders it?

Also I noticed that the ❖ [NA] [CF] merchantman ship has higher range than the • [Fed] [CF] Enterprise, have you considered this when designing the card or trek sense valued it?

Remember in STV that enterprise travelled 30 000 light years to the center of the galaxy :P :P :P "God" bless you Shatner - no, I mean literally...
:wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
It strikes me as a travesty that Sfreett, in addition to not being a Kzinti, can't use Seductive Dance.

Is it too late to change the last line of her lore to "Sometimes roleplays as a [Kzinti?] slave girl" or similar?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ahhhhhhhhhh you made Kirk's reading glasses! I was actually hoping these would show up one day lol

guess i don't actually have a question........

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
Ivofounder wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:21 am Also I noticed that the ❖ [NA] [CF] merchantman ship has higher range than the • [Fed] [CF] Enterprise, have you considered this when designing the card or trek sense valued it?

Remember in STV that enterprise travelled 30 000 light years to the center of the galaxy :P :P :P "God" bless you Shatner - no, I mean literally...
:wink:
Ah, but the • [Fed] [CF] Enterprise had Commander Sulu at the helm!

Also the Merchantman is basically a cargo bay strapped to an engine, while the • [Fed] [CF] Enterprise is a more rounded ship suitable for a variety of roles that has better weapons and shields.

And to keep this a question, were there any ships that didn't make the cut for Paradise Lost?

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]