This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Here's my crazy - out there suggestions for rules changes:

1. Get rid of house arrest / most of compatibility.

Make it where you check compatible on play, like quadrant, and then not checked after. (IE, you can still not play a KLN personnel to a FED facility without a treaty, etc). Borg would still have the rule about deck construction, but it would remove some of the more complicated issues with switching affiliations, house arrest, etc. It might give dual affiliaition personnel some more interesting corner case use.

2. Facilities without weapons cannot take hull damage.
I love the existence of battle decks. I think they are an important archetype both for flavor and metagaming. But I don't think you should be able to hard lock someone out of the game. That was part of the issue with supernova. Leave it where facilites with weapons can be destroyed, so that there's still some risk for nors, and an easy way to keep test for weakness. (Give Earth Outpost weapons of 1 or more)

Edit:
3: Get rid of affiliation switching. Dual affiliation cards are both affiliations at the same time.

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

@winterflames Do you still have this event goin[…]

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]