This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:35 pm Ok. The complaint that the CC is speeding up the game to 6 turns is ridiculous. When the CC took control of the game if you didn't win by turn 3, you weren't competitive. I can't actually verify this. I wasn't there. This is why we have OTF and it's limitations. To slow the game down. To prevent "First Turn Download My Deck and Win" decks.

That said, my decks do All The Things! My last tournament deck took the [EE] crew into the past to save the whales, help Dr. Cochrane launch the Phoenix, over to the Briar Patch to do some Metaphasic Particles stuff, and into the Nexus with the good Dr. I also had the option of completing the Genesis planet and converting it to a space mission. I had a blast and didn't win because my opponents played Tuned Decks For Tournament Play.
That sounds like a deck I designed (but never built, alas) for a Cool Tournament years ago: A Night at the (TNG) Movies.

Just needs popcorn and you're good to go! :cheersL:

Also, I WAS there. No desire to go back.

Like I said in some other thread: I have plenty of nits to pick with the CC - and I often do! (#FixDorian Collins), but the fact that it's mostly nits I'm picking tells me there's a lot more right than wrong with this game these days.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:47 pm
winterflames wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:35 pm Ok. The complaint that the CC is speeding up the game to 6 turns is ridiculous. When the CC took control of the game if you didn't win by turn 3, you weren't competitive. I can't actually verify this. I wasn't there. This is why we have OTF and it's limitations. To slow the game down. To prevent "First Turn Download My Deck and Win" decks.

That said, my decks do All The Things! My last tournament deck took the [EE] crew into the past to save the whales, help Dr. Cochrane launch the Phoenix, over to the Briar Patch to do some Metaphasic Particles stuff, and into the Nexus with the good Dr. I also had the option of completing the Genesis planet and converting it to a space mission. I had a blast and didn't win because my opponents played Tuned Decks For Tournament Play.
That sounds like a deck I designed (but never built, alas) for a Cool Tournament years ago: A Night at the (TNG) Movies.

Just needs popcorn and you're good to go! :cheersL:

Also, I WAS there. No desire to go back.

Like I said in some other thread: I have plenty of nits to pick with the CC - and I often do! (#FixDorian Collins), but the fact that it's mostly nits I'm picking tells me there's a lot more right than wrong with this game these days.
Yep @Armus is a Wit when it comes to Nits. Some might even call him a Nitwit, but I myself would never dare to. :P
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:35 pm When the CC took control of the game if you didn't win by turn 3, you weren't competitive. I can't actually verify this. I wasn't there.
I was, but it wasn't turn 3 - turn 3 was slow. You'd see decks that could win on turn 2, or even turn 1 if you slipped. (And yes, that means you could sit down for a game of 1E for 30 minutes and lose without ever taking a turn.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation