This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:07 pm You're right that 90s blue permission sucked. But in the same way that div-dooby and Q-bypass sucked, it's not really as much of a thing anymore. ;)
Fair. And Kazon Carrier fleet etc. did the same thing in 1e.

I think the difference is I was emotionally invested in 1e due to my emotional investment in Trek as a whole, while with MTG as soon as the game stopped being fun (and affordable, I think block rotation was starting up at that point), I had no problem dropping it for other things.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
CC doesn't fix problems with new formats. It fixes them with new cards. Also, a poll was taken and people voted to fix it using new cards...
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=45973&start=15

In that thread, I discussed a two card solution that would fix this whole meta with Jebus.

Basically, you need to make it too risky for people to use half their seed slots to get free plays and free draws every turn.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
One thing that bugs Me still from that first post: aren't all successful decks in all games pushing to be as efficient as possible? If you have a strategy which purposefully wastes time or resources, it simply can't compete with a deck which just goes straight to the Victory Point of the game unless the "waste" is actually about slowing your opponent down. Is that not what Speed Solvers and Battle Decks are all about? One goes straight for the missions, one goes straight for your ability to play the game.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]