This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think we could use an alternate download icon that means something like "Once per game, download as a free card play." that could be used in place of some of the special downloads that really shouldn't happen during missions. It could also be used for Suna (although that would change his ability slightly).

I wouldn't want the [DL] changed to an order, and I don't think anyone else would either.

The things that would stay special downloads would be things that won't affect a mission attempt, are clearly "meant" to affect mission attempts, or need to be used on opponent's turns.

I think maybe the "as a free card play" could be "at any time" but I think keeping the rules for these very clearly different from [DL] is important and it's already confusing to new (and sometimes not new) players what the difference is between "any time" and "special download speed" (I know it's "suspends play", but that's even more rules overhead).

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i think eventually the rule will just be made that [DL] doesn't work during a mission attempt. been talked about for years and there seems to be strong support for it.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:42 am I've always been surprised there was no use of "upload" and an up arrow indicating it had to go to hand over the years.
The Star Wars CCG uses the up arrow to mean "Download to hand."

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Takket wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:19 pm i think eventually the rule will just be made that [DL] doesn't work during a mission attempt. been talked about for years and there seems to be strong support for it.
I truly, absolutely hope this does not come to pass. Do not change the [DL] icon in form, function, or even with a rules change. If the need for a new icon that does not allow activation / triggering during mission attempts, then design such and if going forward the majority or entirety of cards with need to use this prospective new icon/rule/functionality, so be it.

As suggested above, maybe flip the [DL] pointing up and instead of being in red, it could be blue? And called the upload icon. With the rule being along these lines, “A card referenced with this icon may be retrieved once per game at almost any time (except during a mission attempt) from your draw deck, open Q’s Tent, Zalkonian Storage Capsule, or discard pile and placed into your hand.” Or such …?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:19 pm i think eventually the rule will just be made that [DL] doesn't work during a mission attempt. been talked about for years and there seems to be strong support for it.
10,000% agree. It would solve so much of the cheese in the game caused by unintentional consequences related to downloading during attempts, to be honest. How can we fast track this.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]