This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By NoComment
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
good cards are played and mediocre one wont. no matter their name.
if you errata something below average powerlevel, then the card is effectively banned.

dont gaslight people into "wrong perceptions" lol. what an evil move

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Is it gaslighting if you lean on studies done on the matter?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
NoComment wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:09 am good cards are played, worse ones are not. its that simple. if you errata something below the average powerlevel, its effectively banned
Contrary-wise, if you errata (or print) a card above the average power level, some other card will be effectively banned.

Think in terms of an NBA roster - a team has 15 spots. If a better player comes along, someone else gets bumped. That's why we all don't get to be NBA players. ;)

By NoComment
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
the game is more complex than 15 personnel in a deck.

besides, how does that answer the question about awful errata

its just another revelation, that the cc is just fassade without underlying rules and guidelines

after 20yrs, charlie doesnt know how to errata? drop the chair

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
NoComment wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:14 pm the game is more complex than 15 personnel in a deck.

its just another revelation, that the cc is just fassade without underlying rules and guidelines

after 20yrs, charlie doesnt know how to errata? drop the chair
For someone with the name @NoComment, you sure got a lot of them.

Since Allen's point clearly went over your head, he was using a sporst analogy to represent number of slots available. Perhaps he should have used something closer to home like deck seed slots. You have a finite number of them, and you use the best card you can for each slot. If something better comes along, you use that instead. Draw Decks themselves have no maximum, but they do have practical limits, so you still used the best card you can for a given purpose. In the Decipher days, however, you had to use the best card you could get your hands on. Now that is no longer an issue; your [Bor] deck needs 27 Queens, just print them.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
NoComment wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:14 pm after 20yrs, charlie doesnt know how to errata? drop the chair
Except he's neither in charge of errata nor the current chair? Or is this just tacking on ad hominem fallacy to what started as speculative discussion?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
NoComment wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:14 pm the game is more complex than 15 personnel in a deck.

Simple - you're complaining that "oh, this errata is terrible so it will never get played", and I'm pointing out that the alternative is "oh, this errata is great so some other card will never get played now".

To wit - this issue dates back to '94 Premiere where Riker got left in the binder because Picard is just better.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
NoComment wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:03 am
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:34 pm

For someone with the name @NoComment, you sure got a lot of them.
4? but yeah. its not like there are any arguments anyway. errata is fine
Are there any you prefer over the original?

For instance, I like having the regions printed on the cards for romulus, Mars, and the premier Neutral Zone regions. I feel that the Universal errata to outposts was a good move. I liked that Captains Order is on the cards. I liked that Ref cards have [Ref] on them. Whether the cards are played after the application of these changes shouldn't have any bearing on if it was a good idea to put the changes on the cards.

Is there an erratum or set of errata which you did like?
Last edited by winterflames on Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
NoComment wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:58 am AND STOP RELEASING NEW SETS
Sorry, you lose me on this one.

This game would be dead and buried by now if the CC didn't put in legit time and effort to keep the game fresh and interesting. Some sets have been better than others for sure, but there's nuggets of good in all of them and the game is better for it.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation