This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Thought experiment:

I was thinking about the "What's wrong with 1E" and it made me wonder what would happen if instead of changing the rules we just changed the cards. Not errata. All new cards with new(enlightened?!?) sensibilities but still playable under the same rules. Start with a new core set designed to be a complete game played under the same rules (sans glossary entries referring to cards because those cards no longer exist).

I'm sure some would hate it just because it was new or different and that's fine they can still play 1E with the old cards. Remember this is theoretical and would create effectively a different game (kind of).

That's it, this idea isn't 100% formed but it's out there now. Probably nothing to come of it but maybe some interesting discussion.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I'm not sure I'm getting the concept, because it sounds like Block.

I do tend to agree that a nice rotating card pool of some kind would be nice.

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I think he's pondering about resetting the card pool (or a format with a reset card pool) and then reintroducing the (already existing) cards as fit, which wouldn't be a totally bad idea.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:45 am I do tend to agree that a nice rotating card pool of some kind would be nice.
In the other card game i play (Vs 2pcg), they do a lot of this. Stuff like "Ladies Night" (where your main characters are only woman), "Life is Short" (main characters can only have 5 health), etc etc.

Its a bit different in this game but it could be done. Stuff like block, specific expansions/eras only, lolz such as "can only use 3 objectives (or incidents) in seed pile," " etc. Not those specifically, just throwing stuff at the wall. Try stuff and see what works. Get creative.

It, of course, wouldnt please everyone but those can choose to ignore.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I think this has merit, and my game design students and I have delved into the concept. We discovered that some rule changes would be a good thing to make the game come into the future as well. But as a concept, it would totally be possible.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation