This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Should CC errata All Threes, and if so, how?

Limit it to three times per game
70%
Limit it to once every three of your turns
No votes
0%
Stop a staffed ship with three staffing icons
10%
Stop three personnel
No votes
0%
Make the card usable by both players, with a phrase like "each player may" (allowing four sets of three cards to be revealed.)
10%
Leave it banned.
10%

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lots of cards have been getting errata to get them off the ban list. All Threes has now been there for 12 years. Although I'm certainly in no position to move this myself, fixing this one hardly seems impossible and I was wondering what option you all though would be best.

I think we should stay true to the theme of threes with any errata: notably, there are only TWO sets of three drawn by the card currently (and no third "three" of any kind on the card). Although in the episode, Data actually deals each of FOUR players (himself, Riker, Worf and Dr. Crusher) a three and then deals each player three of a kind.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
[1E-Int]

Plays once each turn, thrice per game to reveal three sets of three cards from top of your draw deck. Take one set into hand; discard all others. Each opponent draws a card (three of they have any Data in play).

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
well you are getting three cards are interrupt cost so this is a very powerful card.

i'd make it once per game, or twice per game but lose the part about Data, so it is always opponent's choice.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:19 pm [1E-Int]

Plays once each turn, thrice per game to reveal three sets of three cards from top of your draw deck. Take one set into hand; discard all others. Each opponent draws a card (three of they have any Data in play).
:thumbsup: with a slight change of letting opponent remove one of the two sets you don't choose from the game so it's not just a stock the discard pile monster (Especially with Carlos ready for action again)

By StuartL
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
How about something that draws fewer cards, but gives you some control over what you draw?
E.g. Draw 3 cards, place one into discard pile, one beneath draw deck and one into your hand. Place All Threes into bonus points area where it is worth three points. If you ever place 4x All Threes cards into your points area you lose the game.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Interrupt speed card draw is very difficult to balance for a game like Trek. I think that it needs some condition for when it draws cards. As is, even limited to once per turn or thrice per game, it's still something lots and lots of decks would want to include since it grows your hand size at basically no cost.

Stopping a ship is a step in the right direction of adding a cost, but it still feels very generic.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
[Evt] All Threes
Reveal three sets of three cards from top of your draw deck. Discard one set (opponent's choice), place another atop your deck (your choice), and take the last set into hand.
* Make it an event.
* Make it 3x3.
* Get rid of the Data nonsense.

This brings it back to something like the Kivas Fajo Baseline.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:58 pm
[Evt] All Threes
Reveal three sets of three cards from top of your draw deck. Discard one set (opponent's choice), place another atop your deck (your choice), and take the last set into hand.
* Make it an event.
* Make it 3x3.
* Get rid of the Data nonsense.

This brings it back to something like the Kivas Fajo Baseline.
What if the set you put back is random, unless Data in play?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Given that part of the problem with the card was that putting cards in discard is not a penalty, remove the other three from the game instead.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]