This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2023
1E German National Second Runner-Up 2024
First I want to congratulate the players who come up with those loopholes.
But I agree that those strategies are a problem.
I think there are rather simple solutions.

-Temporal Narcosis: put a "once per game" on it.

-Report with crew: I was away from the game for 20 years and only started again last year. Several [Ref] cards are already rules now (Fair play, General Quarters, The Big Picture....)
Just add "Limits each non-Borg report with crew action to four total personnel/equipment." from It's Only a Game.

I mean no disrespect, just a constructive suggestion.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Speaking only as a Worlds attendee, I am curious if this is going to be dealt with via ban / errata or if I need to potentially look at other decks to play (likely this one!) in a few weeks. Please keep us informed, as able. Thank you. :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:01 am
-Temporal Narcosis: put a "once per game" on it.
I don't think that's the right play here. Revolving Door is already an offensive card, so you shouldn't be able to turn your opponent's defense into something as strong as a double turn.

And given the other three cards are either banned or basically unused means there's no harm in locking Narcosis up for the duration.

(All props to the folk(s) who found this one, and I am a bit bummed you won't get to romp a major with it.)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
LORE wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:32 am Speaking only as a Worlds attendee, I am curious if this is going to be dealt with via ban / errata or if I need to potentially look at other decks to play (likely this one!) in a few weeks. Please keep us informed, as able. Thank you. :cheersL:
This!
Chief Financial Officer
 - Chief Financial Officer
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2023
Kudos to the temporal narcosis ban

there are far to many counters to the Empok Nor Shenanigans and if you think this is a real possibility of being played bring the tech to shut the deck down.

Its only a game ** probably the best counter
TMW
Ferengi Infestation (and then get to empok nor with more cunning first)
Q-Net (block enemy ship, the empok nor deck played in ECC doesnt seed much diplomancy if any)
Scorched Hand

But all things aside, the word "unlimited" is bad card design, so we can blame decipher. I think what needs to be discussed is what is "reasonable" for Empok Nor download when commandeered? Maybe its not equipment, maybe its download any number of site and 1 or 2 personnel?

as for the "STP" Drop if this tech is being looked at then one may need to look at T'ong drop as well but maybe not?

The beauty of 1E is its a game about choices, theres so many different combos out there if you think it might get played put the tech in, if you dont and it does, then it would be rough :)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
T'ong maxes at 3 personnel (and no equipment) either on its own or through intercept sleeper ship. Even repeating that every turn, you will take 10-20 turns to play the same number of personnel as a single Empok Nor - Masaka - STP drop.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 am T'ong maxes at 3 personnel (and no equipment) either on its own or through intercept sleeper ship. Even repeating that every turn, you will take 10-20 turns to play the same number of personnel as a single Empok Nor - Masaka - STP drop.
Yeah. T'ong is fine. Strong, but hardly overpowered. If it ain't broke...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:28 am
winterflames wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:25 am T'ong maxes at 3 personnel (and no equipment) either on its own or through intercept sleeper ship. Even repeating that every turn, you will take 10-20 turns to play the same number of personnel as a single Empok Nor - Masaka - STP drop.
Copy it with affiliation and era restrictions?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:43 am
Sure. If anything that underscores my point that it's not OP.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am

But... That was my point?

mutter mutter point thief mutter

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:23 am
Armus wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:10 am
But... That was my point?

mutter mutter point thief mutter
Yeah I think we're on the same page, my dude. You were yes, and-ing me and I took it as validation.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I think it highlights the general design principles that unrestrected (STP, Brunt's Shuttle) have been issues over the years, but ones with a cap (T'Ong, voyager shuttles) haven't.

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]