This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Since the current environment has games that last just a handful of turns, I'm trying to make a deck that starts quick. I need a card draw before the play phase of Turn 1 ends, so I can actually play the card I'm downloading to hand in place of that card draw.

There are lots of good ways to make this likely - Mutation, Temporal Almanac, HQ:Executive Orders. I'm looking to make it certain. Here are a few I've thought of:

3 seed cards, one planet mission
Rishon, Process Ore, Alternate Universe Door

A headquarters, HQ: Shipyards, Call for Reinforcements.

The Great Hall, Illegitimate Leader of The Empire, HQ:Executive Orders.

3 seed cards one site, one Bajor Region mission
Supplant Opposite, Unrelenting Lust For Profit, Deep Space 9 with Quark's Bar (you download Grand Nagus Zek to hand and then play him, drawing a card).

Does anyone else have any other thoughts?
Last edited by WeAreBack on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Since yu have not revealed your intentions, I'll suggest Continuing Mission. Since I don't know if the card you intend to DL then play is a personnel or not, then you may or may not need an additional seed in order to play the first personnel for free such as New Arrivals

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Well without spilling the beans even a little its hard to offer much in the way of suggestions.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The plan is to use Group Therapy to download a personnel who can then immediately be played.

There are several of these [Fed] CIVILIANS, many of whom break all [TNG] [DS9], but who are quite good - Amanda Grayson, Rebi and Azan (for [SCC]), and Kes, and a few who can play inside those boxes like Guinan, Chef, Lal, and Jake and Nog (mostly relating to their ability to use Stembolts).

I can't download the personnel in question directly -- say by using U.S.S. Enterprise-A to get Amanda or something similar -- because I'm going for Karne Lowes using Assign Support Personnel so that I can start grabbing the genetically enhanced crowd once per turn.

Shouldn't be that hard though. I'm thinking Maybe Rishon procesing ore is the easiest as I'm already playing the AU door.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Can "once each turn cards" be used in play phase or only in orders phase?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
So no Obelisk into a Masaka and covert 1 draw into a [Fed] CIV DL in the play phase? Had Obelisk said once every, you could have done it on their turn if they went first.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Oh it does, I just meant if it had every instead of each, he could cycle his hand on opps turn 1
Question for noob

It allows that personnel to mix. So if you play Fe[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]