This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 103 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
boromirofborg wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:33 pm WHY DO THE DS9 [1E-AU] [Bor] COUNTERPARTS STILL HAVE THE STAR TREK CCG PROPERTY LOGO?

THEY GAVE THE TNG ONES THE TNG LOGO SO ALLOW TO WORK WITH THE [WC] . I KNOW [1E-DS9] [Bor] AREN"T A THING, BUT THE INCONSISTENCY BOTHERS ME.
I can actually answer this for you: because at the time we did the [1E-TNG] ones, we had a higher bar for errata than we would get to later. The reason why it still isn't done is that it isn't a priority, since as you said, [1E-DS9] [Bor] isn't (and can't really be) a thing. When the opportunity presents itself, we'll do it.

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:40 pm
boromirofborg wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:33 pm WHY DO THE DS9 [1E-AU] [Bor] COUNTERPARTS STILL HAVE THE STAR TREK CCG PROPERTY LOGO?

THEY GAVE THE TNG ONES THE TNG LOGO SO ALLOW TO WORK WITH THE [WC] . I KNOW [1E-DS9] [Bor] AREN"T A THING, BUT THE INCONSISTENCY BOTHERS ME.
I can actually answer this for you: because at the time we did the [1E-TNG] ones, we had a higher bar for errata than we would get to later. The reason why it still isn't done is that it isn't a priority, since as you said, [1E-DS9] [Bor] isn't (and can't really be) a thing. When the opportunity presents itself, we'll do it.

-crp
Point of order....the [1E-TNG] and [1E-DS9] are the result of the property logo and the property logo usually matches the show/movie that the image came from. None of the counterparts except Locutus of Borg and Data of Borg are actual screen-captures. This means that they could be made with [1E-DS9], which is just silly, or they could be made with [1E-TNG] (which actually makes sense from a game standpoint and a timeline standpoint), or any other property for that matter.

I PROPOSE THAT ALL THE "of Borg" THAT DON'T ALREADY HAVE A [1E-TNG] PROPERTY LOGO BE ERRATA'D TO HAVE [1E-TNG] PROPERTY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF Data of Borg AS IT IS IN FACT FROM FIRST CONTACT (UNLESS ART WANTS TO MOCK UP A NEW IMAGE SO IT CAN ALSO HAVE A [1E-TNG] VERSION).

Yes, this gives the [1E-TNG] [Bor] player even more flexibility and power. Clearly they are still a constant Meta play, but let the Balance Team worry about that.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
YOU GUYS AREN'T YELLING LOUD ENOUGH!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
WHY DID I PLAY SO BAD AT WORLDS? WHY WAS I PAIRED AGAINST MIRROR MATCH BORG DECKS IN MY FIRST TWO ROUNDS? WHY DID JARED BRING THE PERFECT COUNTER IN A 2 HOMEWORLD / MQ DECK TO DAY 2 INSTEAD OF HIS TOS DECK I COULD HAVE SMASHED?

I TOLD YOU ALL, I WANT TO PLAY A GAME CALLED "KRIS WINS!!!" :x :x :x

Armus, is that better? :wink:

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:26 pm YOU GUYS AREN'T YELLING LOUD ENOUGH!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
BECAUSE MY REPLAY WAS NOT A RAGE, I CAN'T SPEAK FOR CHARLIE THOUGH. I WILL GO BACK AND RAGE MY PROPOSAL THOUGH, JUST FOR YOU @Armus!!!!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
WHY CANT SPACE INSERT IN EVERY QUADRANT? IS THE AQ SOMEHOW EMPTIER THAN OTHER QUADRANTS, AND MORE SUSCEPTIBLE TO BLACK HOLES?

THIS RAGE BROUGHT TO YOU THAT MY WORLDS STRATEGY DIDNT WORK IN 2 OF 3 GAMES AND I HAVE A VERY SIMILAR RULES AMBITION AS KRIS.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
WHY ARE OUTPOSTS NEEDED FOR THE TREATY ACHIEVEMENTS. IT MAKES IT BASICALLY IMPOSIBLE TO GET THESE IN OTSD
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
WHY AM I SUCH A CHICKENSHIT WHEN IT COMES TO ATTEMPTING MISSIONS?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:28 pm WHY AM I SUCH A CHICKENSHIT WHEN IT COMES TO ATTEMPTING MISSIONS?
Attachments:
roasting maggie.JPG
roasting maggie.JPG (88.09 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
WHERE IS THE COACH KEVIN VIDEO THAT DOES NOTHING BUT TALK THROUGH THE DECISION ABOUT WHOM TO SEND ON A MISSION ATTEMPT AND WHAT DILEMMAS TO WORRY ABOUT FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE SLOW AND TIMID?

My own fear of attempting comes from not adequately understanding what could be down there / what's likely to be down there. Kevin avoids this by knowing what all my dilemmas are before his first attempt. (Kris also.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Bwahahaha @Hoss-Drone!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:07 pm Bwahahaha @Hoss-Drone!
I've decided to dedicate my next coach Kevin video to you and your problem mags - so stay tuned! :D [DL]

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
WHEN DO DOPPELDUMMARSCH AND SMOKE BOMB FINALLY RECEIVE ERRATUM? WHEN? WHYYY!!!! :)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:38 pm WHERE IS THE COACH KEVIN VIDEO THAT DOES NOTHING BUT TALK THROUGH THE DECISION ABOUT WHOM TO SEND ON A MISSION ATTEMPT AND WHAT DILEMMAS TO WORRY ABOUT FOR THOSE OF US WHO ARE SLOW AND TIMID?

My own fear of attempting comes from not adequately understanding what could be down there / what's likely to be down there. Kevin avoids this by knowing what all my dilemmas are before his first attempt. (Kris also.)
WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE ME SO MUCH CREDIT AS AN EVIL MASTER MIND?!? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR DILEMMAS ARE OR WHERE YOU PUT THEM, I JUST THROW BODIES AT MISSIONS AND AM AS SURPRISED AS YOU ARE WHAT THEY DISCOVER!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]