This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Work in progress. Please PM suggestions. Yes, I know the links are broken.

What is a tournament?

A Certain Number of games played with the Same Deck against a Specific Group of Players over a Pre-Specified Time.

This covers one day events as well as month long Online Events.

What goes into planning a Tournament?

There are a few steps to the process of creating a tournament in the Trek CC system.
1) select the starting date and time.
2) select the Edition: First, Second, or Tribbles.
We are in 1E , so select First.
3) select the Format: Constructed, Draft, or Sealed.
Constructed is the format where everyone makes their deck ahead of time. Draft is the format where the first part of the tourney is opening up surprises and building a deck from that. Sealed is the format where you play a deck already made for you as is.
4) select the Card Pool: Block, Complete, Limited, Traditional, Virtual.
Block is a series of groups of themed sets; there are blocks for The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise, The Mirror Universe, and The Original Series. Plus one "Things That Came Before Block" Block titled Life From Lifelessness. Block is a fun Constructed or Sealed card pool. Most of the Factions and Affiliations have premade starter decks. Complete is literally all the cards from all the expansions. Limited is a card pool created by you, the tournament director. It could be as simple as "Cards with The Next Generation Property Logo" or "Everything But Holodeck Adventures, We Hate That Set," or it can get as complicated as you wish to make it. Traditional is "Just the Cards Decipher Made." Virtual is "Just the Cards the Continuing Committee Made."
5) select the Rules Set: Open, Official, Revised, Warp Speed, or X-List. Open is the rules as Decipher left them after moving on to 2E, you can find information on it here. Official is also known as Official Tournament Format (I know, it isn't a format, silly name) and is the rules set the CC has created, you can find information on it here. Revised was one of the earlier attempts to fix the Mess Decipher Made, you can find information on it here. Warp Speed is a quick play rule set initially included in the Voyager rulebook, you can find information on it here. X-List is also known as Standard, and was another early attempt to fix the Mess Decipher Made, you can find information on it here.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:45 am I think you missed the "keeping score" part. :)
I am not even done with "Putting the tournament in the system" yet. Let alone the talking points leading up to that. Or how to run the thing. I have to read the OPG so I can link and quote it properly. I just didn't want to lose the typing I had done while I do industrial loads of dishes.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:56 am
AllenGould wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:45 am I think you missed the "keeping score" part. :)
I am not even done with "Putting the tournament in the system" yet. Let alone the talking points leading up to that. Or how to run the thing. I have to read the OPG so I can link and quote it properly. I just didn't want to lose the typing I had done while I do industrial loads of dishes.
No worries. :)

Was thinking in terms of this bit:
A Certain Number of games played with the Same Deck against a Specific Group of Players over a Pre-Specified Time where a running score is kept to determine an overall winner

By NoComment
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
A tournament is a (sports) competition in which players who win a match continue to play further matches in the competition until just one person or team is left.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
One of my (sadly, much put off) projects is a series of videos showing people how to use different aspects of the site, such as the deckbuilder, The Promenade and the tournament system. I should bookmark this thread to prep for that last one.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
winterflames wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:57 am ...
A Certain Number of games played with the Same Deck against a Specific Group of Players over a Pre-Specified Time.
OPG 4.1.3 – Sealed wrote:Players
may change their decks between rounds using any or all the cards they with which they were provided.
I'd change it to Same Deck or any cards from a player specific card pool.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]