This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
https://youtu.be/BQjYRub_GH0

Sorry that i've havent posted a new video for awhile. But i'm back and with winter approaching I am going to try and put out more content again.

Starting with todays video where I fishbowl a new a new deck i've been working on for a couple weeks. Bonus - we run it up against a TNG Borg deck Kaiser-style and show off a Coach Kevin dilemma combo special.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
A note: you cannot play the Q's tent between probing and your final card draw.
the glossary wrote:You may choose the order of start-of-turn and end-of-turn actions. For example, you may process ore either before or after a Rogue Borg battle; you may probe either before or after counting down countdown icons or moving a Borg Ship dilemma. No other actions may take place between start-of-turn or end-of-turn actions, other than valid responses.
Interrupts cannot play between tehse actions. They can only happen end of turn if they downloaded into play in place of a card draw

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:15 pm A note: you cannot play the Q's tent between probing and your final card draw.
the glossary wrote:You may choose the order of start-of-turn and end-of-turn actions. For example, you may process ore either before or after a Rogue Borg battle; you may probe either before or after counting down countdown icons or moving a Borg Ship dilemma. No other actions may take place between start-of-turn or end-of-turn actions, other than valid responses.
Interrupts cannot play between tehse actions. They can only happen end of turn if they downloaded into play in place of a card draw
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Doesn't change the deck or its decision making much if at all. Good to know!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:28 am Ohh i realize, it just means you need those in turn draws a bit more
Kind of the point of the deck. Lol

Definitely got showcased how inconsequential the rule affects the deck because in that moment, if I had not probed I would have been net zero instead of -1 and I don't think either way had an impact as grabbing Dix is the usual licks of martinis and skirts.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I also like that you mentioned how easy it is to build a deck that has unplayable cards or other problems with no workarounds. I did a lot of goldfishing of my deck I am playing in the release event and I still managed to create a situation where a pretty important card for the deck is unplayable. Fortunately it's a slight slowdown instead of causing the deck to not work at all but since I started the tournament with the deck I am stuck playing the deck at less than its potential.

I guess I just need to spend even more time rehearsing gameplay and look harder at the cards, not sure what else I can do.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:12 pm A 2 parter is up for viewing. 1st was posted wednesday and the second just went up.

Enjoy the videos.

I will now crawl back into my hole of covid.
You got the Rona?! :shock:

That sucks. Hope you get through it and recover soon with not too many ill effects!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:16 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:12 pm A 2 parter is up for viewing. 1st was posted wednesday and the second just went up.

Enjoy the videos.

That sucks. Hope you get through it and recover soon with not too many ill effects!
Started Sunday when I recorded part 1, early stages when Joe and I did part 2 on Monday.... It's now Friday and I'm finally starting to come out of it. Rough week.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:21 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:16 pm

Enjoy the videos.

Started Sunday when I recorded part 1, early stages when Joe and I did part 2 on Monday.... It's now Friday and I'm finally starting to come out of it. Rough week.
The only thing good about having COVID earlier this year was I finally got to watch The Mandalorian (AWESOME!) and The Book of Boba Fett (Meh), and the first few Episodes of Obi-Wan (Meh) and The Orville (AWESOME).

Everything else about it sucked big fat hairy monkey balls.

Hang in there, man! :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Man, when I had covid the only thing I had the mental energy for was Odyssey 5, and I was in such a bad mood that I hated the show. (Also, I'm pretty sure it was very bad? But even if it had been good, I think I still would have hated it. Covid sucks.)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I was able to binge the latest season of blacklist on Netflix..... It took 4 days because I slept 14 hours a day for 3 days straight like I was a teenager again.

I worked today and now I'm holed up not handing out candy bevause I'm exhausted, can't stop coughing. Now worried I'm moving towards pneumonia. So yay. All this to say, probably no video this week since I can't talk loud enough for the mic nor stop coughing long enough.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]