This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Without researching, how have you played the Nemesis Icon destruciton rule?

If two or more personnel or ships with opposing nemesis icons are present with each other at the end of a player's turn, that player must choose one of them to be immediately killed (personnel) or destroyed (ships), regardless of ownership.
38%
If two or more personnel or ships with opposing nemesis icons are at the same location at the end of a player's turn, that player must choose one of them to be immediately killed (personnel) or destroyed (ships), regardless of ownership.
62%
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
No peeking at the rules. How have you been playing the Nemesis icon rules? [NemL] [NemR]

Turns out I though they worked one way, and found that the rules say something else. So I thought maybe the rule had changed, and so I pulled out my Fajo Collection... and it is spelled out there too. I've been wrong all these years! How have you played the destruction of an opposite Nemesis icon card?

Let me know if I'm the only one who's been playing this wrong.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Well, that would have required having it come up for me in the last several years.

Practically, I'd say that it meant " don't include [NemL] [NemR] in the same deck.".

Beyond that, I'd guess if they are present at the end of a turn one is destroyed?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Oh...
I 've voted and then checked the Rulings.
I've voted for the wrong ruling - but I am in a good company, since all voters so far have voted the same :D

edit:
I would like to say in my defense that in all these years it has never come to activating a Nemesis icon in a game I played; or watched.
Last edited by Enabran on Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I welcome all of our visitors from Earth-617, which is exactly identical to our Earth except that the Nemesis rules are slightly different and the Berenstein Bears are spelled correctly.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:08 pm I welcome all of our visitors from Earth-617, which is exactly identical to our Earth except that the Nemesis rules are slightly different and the Berenstein Bears are spelled correctly.
Also home of Beam me up, Scotty!

as opposed to our Scotty, Beam me up!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SirDan wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:49 am No peeking at the rules. How have you been playing the Nemesis icon rules? [NemL] [NemR]

Turns out I though they worked one way, and found that the rules say something else. So I thought maybe the rule had changed, and so I pulled out my Fajo Collection... and it is spelled out there too. I've been wrong all these years! How have you played the destruction of an opposite Nemesis icon card?

Let me know if I'm the only one who's been playing this wrong.
without looking, i believe if you move a [NemL] to [NemR] location, at the end of your turn you choose one of them to be discarded (along with everything aboard if it is a ship)
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:08 pm I welcome all of our visitors from Earth-617
It's never a good feeling to find out you're wrong, but there's something liberating about finding out you weren't the only one. And in this case, so far, somehow in the majority. Mass hallucination? Did we all just think it was like Doppelganger, as noted above? Was the rule ever changed?
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
SirDan wrote: How have you played the destruction of an opposite Nemesis icon card?
As someone who looooves story mode, the Nemesis icons are great ...

... but have the opportunity to be so much more. Ideally, I would like the rule repealed, or at least simplified, and have the cards themselves tell you what to do when opposites meet.

Imagine the Sons of Soong getting control over the Collective.

Imagine The Cravic causing havoc around the spaceline(s)

Imagine The Albino ruling an underground bounty ring with four trophies on his wall.

Imagine Silaran Prin getting a great resource out of his hit list.

Take that ball and fucking run with it!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote:So what happens if they are owned by you and your opponent. What happens then?
When they meet... it's murder.

(No, but, seriously, the player's whose turn it is chooses.)
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]