This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which upcoming expansions are you excited about?

TNG Movies
20%
AU/QC Sequel
23%
Hirogen/Kazon/Borg DQ
16%
Federation/Vidiian/NA DQ
11%
Spies, Espionage, and Intrigue
16%
TNG Cardassian vs Federation Duel Decks
14%
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:52 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:19 pm The new Borg stuff better include cards to bring back the usefulness of undetected beam in, Borg ship dilemma, retask, sphere encounter, nightmare or it's one gigantic waste of an opportunity.
The first three of these are already super-useful.
.....and yet all of them have been in my binder for at least a couple years
Your binder != every binder. These are mainstays of my Borg decks, because Contingency Plan is a great way to score 35 mission points without facing a dilemma.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:26 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:52 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:37 pm

The first three of these are already super-useful.
.....and yet all of them have been in my binder for at least a couple years
Your binder != every binder. These are mainstays of my Borg decks, because Contingency Plan is a great way to score 35 mission points without facing a dilemma.
Investing two dilemmas to do nothing and thus basically handing over a mission. Thanks for proving my point. Also, thanks the for bonus pointing out that assimilate starship also sucks and blows at the same time. So add it to the list of Borg cards that could use some help in the next sets.
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:18 pm Investing two dilemmas to do nothing and thus basically handing over a mission. Thanks for proving my point.
You are a factory of bad takes today!

As a frequent user, I agree that Assimilate Starship is often v. frustrating -- although, as a way to score points without facing dilemmas, that's probably not a terrible thing.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:16 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:18 pm Investing two dilemmas to do nothing and thus basically handing over a mission. Thanks for proving my point.
You are a factory of bad takes today!

As a frequent user, I agree that Assimilate Starship is often v. frustrating -- although, as a way to score points without facing dilemmas, that's probably not a terrible thing.
(Fondly remembers our recent game where I ran into your contingency plan combo and both solved it and you never assimilated the ship)

You trying to defend how mediocre those cards are in the current meta has a strong whiff of defensiveness about it. I've been playing Borg longer than you and more frequently than you. You are not in a position to label my opinions as bad takes.
 -  
Community Contributor
You are not in a position to label my opinions as bad takes.
Counterpoint: they are, though.

I don't think I'm the one giving off defensive vibes here.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]