This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which upcoming expansions are you excited about?

TNG Movies
20%
AU/QC Sequel
23%
Hirogen/Kazon/Borg DQ
16%
Federation/Vidiian/NA DQ
11%
Spies, Espionage, and Intrigue
16%
TNG Cardassian vs Federation Duel Decks
14%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks! Today, I have a Friday Question for you. In this thread is a poll covering many of the announced upcoming First Edition projects. In this post itself, I'm giving you a brief summary of each of the products. After reading through them, please go and vote in this poll for each of the products that excite you - be that 1, 0, or all. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them and I'll get you all the answers I can.

So for today's question, which announced upcoming 1E expansions/projects are you most excited for? And is there anything in particular about them that you're excited about?

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'm going to be panicking about how Christmas is next week and I've bought exactly one gift!

-crp

Upcoming Announced Products
These are presented in no particular order.

The Next Generation Movies (Project Solo)
Focused on Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, and primarily Nemesis, you'll have the opportunity to enhance your [EE] decks, [Bor] decks, [Vul] decks and play around with the new Remans and movie-era [Rom]!

The Alternate Universe/Q Continuum Sequel (Project Mandalorian)
Explore the possibilities of the Trek multiverse with a virtual expansion focused around time travel, enigmatic beings, alternate universes and ruminations on questions about "What if...?"

Hirogen/Kazon/Borg DQ (Project Blizzard)
Return to the Delta Quadrant with a focus on giving new flavor and mechanical identity to the Hirogen and Kazon affiliations, along with new toys for Borg, both current and former.

Federation/Vidiian/NA DQ (Project Dilly Bar)
Continue exploration of the Delta Quadrant with the desperation of the Vidiians, the testing of the Federation's values, and interactions with many of the smaller groups of natives.

Spies, Espionage, and Intrigue (Project Blacklist)
Experience an entire expansion dedicated to secrets, shadows, and lies as you spend time with spies and operatives, espionage and hidden agendas, and the galaxy of intelligence agencies.

TNG Cardassian vs Federation Duel Decks (Project En Garde)
Based on "Chain of Command," take charge of fully fleshed out, ready to play decks based on either Madred's [1E-TNG] [Car] or Jellico's [1E-TNG] [Fed].

By Commander Joe (Joe Kallstrom)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm excited for all of these, but especially The Next Generation Movies (Project Solo).

I'm currently working on or plan on building soon, all of these deck types in this set. More options is always great!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The AU/QC sequel, for the same reasons as Takket. That one could be amazing.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I'm less and less interested in story as the sole baseline for an expansion. I believe that they need to come from a mechanical core with a story added on top. If you go and make an expansion just with the one thing, story first or mechanics first, you usually end up with something that feels like it's missing something.

I do like the idea of going through the spies, espionage and intrigue expansion as it has lots of possibilities for mechanics as well as story to pull from.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Most of these sound pretty fun to me. I'm especially interested in how to mix up the DQ affiliations without pushing them back into the OP zone...

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Expanding on some of what we saw in the A-Q of PAQ is going to open up a lot of possibilities.

In Yesterday's Enterprise, The Enterprise-C was sent 22 years into its own future, altering the timeline. The game has now been waiting for a lot longer than that in order to see more cards from that episode. There are a lot of other interesting [1E-AU] related bits of content out there that have a lot of potential.

The trial never ended also showed that there's a lot of interesting space for Q-related cards

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
The new Borg stuff better include cards to bring back the usefulness of undetected beam in, Borg ship dilemma, retask, sphere encounter, nightmare or it's one gigantic waste of an opportunity.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:19 pm The new Borg stuff better include cards to bring back the usefulness of undetected beam in, Borg ship dilemma, retask, sphere encounter, nightmare or it's one gigantic waste of an opportunity.
The first three of these are already super-useful.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:19 pm The new Borg stuff better include cards to bring back the usefulness of undetected beam in, Borg ship dilemma, retask, sphere encounter, nightmare or it's one gigantic waste of an opportunity.
The first three of these are already super-useful.
.....and yet all of them have been in my binder for at least a couple years because they got turned into meh when balance nerfed their friends and design OP'd TNG Borg while whiffing on stuff that could have been fun.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have to admit, I was really hoping for another TNG Borg set on the horizon based around "Best of Both Worlds", "I, Borg", and the Wolf 359 prelude from "Emissary". I figure the DS9 cards could just have a [1E-TNG] to make them compatible with Continuing Mission.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Delta, Spies, and Delta Spies. Gimme a seska who can do sexy spy stuff on [Baj] and [1E-Maq]

By Pazuzu
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Since I like thematic, balanced, and beginner-friendly decks a lot (I am still working on doing one for First Contact), I actually look forward to Madred vs Jellico. I would love to see a sneak preview for that, and I would also like to volunteer for play testing. Also, it seems I totally missed this project from Charlie's formerly regular project update posts. Close second is TNG movies of course, to support my First Contact 2-Player Introduction Decks :)

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]