This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By lotjx2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Seriously. Why? We have have some many grab a starship incidents and free draws that its nuts. Yet, this is the issue one? I still don't understand why Soong Android is legal or all the other cards that you allow you to grab and drop 7 characters a turn. Like I really don't get this.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
In short, Final Frontier is banned because [OS] , especially [OS] [Fed] have been one of, if not the strongest affiliation for a long time.

And it's not just downloading a starship. That starship *will* come with the download of a personnel, etc.

The stated design goal was to allow [OS] decks to have the option to play directly to the spaceline instead of a time location. What actually happened is that it replaced the time location decks almost completely, and overpowered them.

They said it will be coming back once they figure out the appropriate ajdusments

(And, as to one of your other comments, I fully believe that "report with crew" should be limited to the number of crew icons, or one personnel in the case of no icons.)

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: (And, as to one of your other comments, I fully believe that "report with crew" should be limited to the number of crew icons, or one personnel in the case of no icons.)
Have seen this several times before in these forums and I agree ... a good, common sense rule!!
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Klauser wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:41 am
boromirofborg wrote: (And, as to one of your other comments, I fully believe that "report with crew" should be limited to the number of crew icons, or one personnel in the case of no icons.)
Have seen this several times before in these forums and I agree ... a good, common sense rule!!
There is actually some movement on this. Design came up with a proposal they really liked and has submitted it to Rules. If the Rules team comes back with any sort of positive report, I'll make sure to let you know. But in any case, know that we have recognized there is a problem here and are working towards a solution.

-crp

By lotjx2
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Time Locations are not fun and at times very confusing. I am fine if they go away in order for me to actually get the ship I need to actually play my deck. I get that I am going to get a non-unique ship with in [OS] is good, but its not as good as other decks where people are pulling down mains with their ships or in the case of [EE] the ship that is going to be the focal point of your entire deck.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:35 pm There is actually some movement on this. Design came up with a proposal they really liked and has submitted it to Rules. If the Rules team comes back with any sort of positive report, I'll make sure to let you know. But in any case, know that we have recognized there is a problem here and are working towards a solution.

-crp
Understood. Making changes to this game - with all the possible interelated strategies and possible combinations - is like moving a piece in a 3-D slide puzzle the size of a Borg Cube. Something not done trivially!!

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
lotjx2 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:05 pm The Time Locations are not fun and at times very confusing. I am fine if they go away in order for me to actually get the ship I need to actually play my deck. I get that I am going to get a non-unique ship with in [OS] is good, but its not as good as other decks where people are pulling down mains with their ships or in the case of [EE] the ship that is going to be the focal point of your entire deck.
As awesome and innovative as First Contact was when it was released, the concept of a Time Location seemed awkward even back then. Even for a relatively small number of period personnel & ship cards, it was cumbersome at best. Using it as a model for other, larger [1E-AU] card groups - to me - felt like an early rules concept that needed changing. Something Decipher was loathe to do.

By StuartL
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
There are quite a lot of alternative places you can play your personnel (Time Locations, HQ's, Sites, Direct to Ships, etc) and it is all pretty confusing, especially if you need [Door] to play some of them.
I've been trying to teach this game to a friend who is not super into complex rules, and at times it is a struggle to explain all of the things we can do, even with very simple decks.
As a concept, Time Locations are cool, but they aren't easy to build into a deck for beginners. They seem necessary for games where you have different eras playing against each other. But if I ever put together any TOS decks, I probably wouldn't bother with time locations and just have opposing (e.g. [OS] [Fed] Vs. [Kli]) decks to keep things simple.

As for report with crew, it can be very powerful if one player gets to do it and another can't. Anything that speeds up the Draw X, Play X ratio is obviously going to be a big advantage for whoever gets to do it. And if those crew also have built in [DL] , even more so.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation