This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which Delta Quadrant group/team/species do you most want to see in 1E?

Ocampa
10%
Talaxian
8%
The 37's
10%
Sikarians
5%
Voth
13%
Vaadwaur
7%
Devore
6%
Krenim
31%
Overlookers / The Hierachy
8%
Mari
1%

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
You know, I had an idea, just now, for a unique Delta Quadrant side deck. It's similar to that preserver obelisk-type card I was edging for in [1E-DQ] form. You can stack it with X amount of cards, but the only way you can play them is as a reward for when you complete a mission. So, when you complete a mission you can download from the side deck to your ship/away team, Y amount of skill dots worth of personnel with that locations name in their lore. There could be an added cost for using it, like you can't earn bonus points from the mission, or you don't draw cards at the end of the turn. I think it would make the [1E-DQ] into a role-play adventure, and thus more interesting.

By Klauser
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:48 am Handling these species by making them a faction may be the wrong way to think about them because, by its nature traveling through the delta quadrant on the way home, Voyager never lent itself to fleshing out various other races over the course of multiple seasons. (The The Kazon only make it through the end of season 2, the last time we actually see a Vidiian is, midway through season 3, and the only race getting more than a handful of episodes after that time is the Borg.)

Instead, the best option for these species something more like how the Son'a were handled in TMP -- a group of non-aligned personnel that have a couple of neat tricks (in their case, Collect metaphasic particles and Son'a observatory) and who need to be involved in completing their objectives and staffing their ships (or you take a penalty).

I agree!!

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]