This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hello,

I am building a rather unique Borg deck and would like to use Tomalak as a temporal benefactor and benefit from temple almanac. To that end, I would like to first turn get him on the enterprise at 2063 Earth. To accomplish this I would have to seed launch the Phoenix to seed Montana missile complex. Must I download the Phoenix and thus making it illegal to play with?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Borg can download the Phoenix from outside the game, so it doesn’t break the Borg-only deck rules.

By aabecame
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
How are you getting around:
Cooperation
Borg don't mix or cooperate with cards of other affiliations (they are not compatible with them). A player using [Bor]- affiliation cards may not stock any non [Bor]- affiliation personnel, ships, or facilities in their game deck or any side decks, including former Borg such as One, or a Mission II with a built-in non-Borg outpost (even if they do not use that function of the card). If a player has [Bor] and non-[Bor] cards present together (The Naked Truth, Frame of Mind, etc.), normal house arrest rules apply. (A card bearing the "Borg Use Only" [BO] icon in its title bar can be stocked in your deck and used only when playing the Borg affiliation.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
aabecame wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:13 pm How are you getting around:
Cooperation
Borg don't mix or cooperate with cards of other affiliations (they are not compatible with them). A player using [Bor]- affiliation cards may not stock any non [Bor]- affiliation personnel, ships, or facilities in their game deck or any side decks, including former Borg such as One, or a Mission II with a built-in non-Borg outpost (even if they do not use that function of the card). If a player has [Bor] and non-[Bor] cards present together (The Naked Truth, Frame of Mind, etc.), normal house arrest rules apply. (A card bearing the "Borg Use Only" [BO] icon in its title bar can be stocked in your deck and used only when playing the Borg affiliation.)
I'm assuming he is looking to use Tomalak as his Temporal Benefactor, which works for the same reason Phoenix works: it's from outside the game.

Then he'd play Tomalak of Borg and get him to a time location where he can then be a valid target for Temporal Almanac.

That's all perfectly legal, but you're right, he can't actually *play* Tomalak, just stash him under Temporal Benefactor.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm
aabecame wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:13 pm How are you getting around:
Cooperation
I'm assuming he is looking to use Tomalak as his Temporal Benefactor, which works for the same reason Phoenix works: it's from outside the game.

Then he'd play Tomalak of Borg and get him to a time location where he can then be a valid target for Temporal Almanac.

That's all perfectly legal, but you're right, he can't actually *play* Tomalak, just stash him under Temporal Benefactor.
Bariel is in my play group...that's exactly what he is doing/wants to do. It's more for kicks than overall efficiency, but it is pretty cool.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah i never said it was a *good* idea, just a legal one... :wink:

But if he's enjoying his Rube Goldberg Johnny deck, that's what really matters. Hopefully he has fun with it! :cheersL:
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]