This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The other post, where everyone is talking about Breen for the first page and a half was from 2021. Took me over an hour to figure that out, lol. So here is a new post for the new Teaser, which is a picture of the radiation thingamajigger from Star Trek Nemesis. A movie I saw twice in the theaters and have not been able to sit through again in the last 24 years... true story. But that will be the end of my griping, because I know many others did like it, and they have waited long enough for this set. So :cheersL: :cheersR:, to the other guys. :wink:
But all is not lost for my camp. This IS a TNG Movie era set, and there were four TNG-era movies. So, I am sure there will be plenty of eye candy for me. I'm still hoping for at least one of the missing ship classes from First Contact: Steamrunner, Norway or Saber. Or at least the Cousteau. I had a post up like this before, but I'll ask again, what do you want to see in the new set?
Romulan hotrods?
A playable Reman faction of [1E-Rom] ?
New Son'a?
New [Bor] ?
Geordi as a [Kli] infiltrator?
A new "Data Laughing" from Generations?
Dune Buggy's?
300 pound Riker hanging from a catwalk? (A friend's joke, not mine, but I still love it...)
First Contact version of the Dixon Hill holoprogram? ( and some matching personnel?)

Speak up! Get crazy! We know they can only fit so much into one set but there's no harm in giving them some ideas for a future one...

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:45 am The other post, where everyone is talking about Breen for the first page and a half was from 2021. Took me over an hour to figure that out, lol. So here is a new post for the new Teaser, which is a picture of the radiation thingamajigger from Star Trek Nemesis. A movie I saw twice in the theaters and have not been able to sit through again in the last 24 years... true story. But that will be the end of my griping, because I know many others did like it, and they have waited long enough for this set. So :cheersL: :cheersR:, to the other guys. :wink:
But all is not lost for my camp. This IS a TNG Movie era set, and there were four TNG-era movies. So, I am sure there will be plenty of eye candy for me. I'm still hoping for at least one of the missing ship classes from First Contact: Steamrunner, Norway or Saber. Or at least the Cousteau. I had a post up like this before, but I'll ask again, what do you want to see in the new set?
Romulan hotrods?
New Son'a?
New [Bor] ?
Dune Buggy's?
300 pound Riker hanging from a catwalk? (A friend's joke, not mine, but I still love it...)
First Contact version of the Dixon Hill holoprogram? ( and some matching personnel?)

Speak up! Get crazy! We know they can only fit so much into one set but there's no harm in giving them some ideas for a future one...
What I'd love to see, and wanted for a while, is the [Fed] -equivalent to Rinnak Pire. Just a ❖ [Fed] Leader who can captain any ❖ [Fed] ship. Maybe he or she has a [DL] of Captain's Log or something.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:01 am
enabrantain wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:45 am The other post, where everyone is talking about Breen for the first page and a half was from 2021. Took me over an hour to figure that out, lol. So here is a new post for the new Teaser, which is a picture of the radiation thingamajigger from Star Trek Nemesis. A movie I saw twice in the theaters and have not been able to sit through again in the last 24 years... true story. But that will be the end of my griping, because I know many others did like it, and they have waited long enough for this set. So :cheersL: :cheersR:, to the other guys. :wink:
Romulan hotrods?
New Son'a?
New [Bor] ?
Dune Buggy's?

What I'd love to see, and wanted for a while, is the [Fed] -equivalent to Rinnak Pire. Just a ❖ [Fed] Leader who can captain any ❖ [Fed] ship. Maybe he or she has a [DL] of Captain's Log or something.
The game needs that like it needs a hole in the head.

STOP GIVING THE FEDS ALL THE TOYS AND ALL THE [DL] !

They have more than enough already FFS.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Romulan hotrods?
New Son'a?
New [Bor] ?
Dune Buggy's?

I can tell you that some of the things on this list are in the set.

That's all I can tell you, for now anyway... :shifty:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:18 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:01 am
The game needs that like it needs a hole in the head.

STOP GIVING THE FEDS ALL THE TOYS AND ALL THE [DL] !

They have more than enough already FFS.
But...but...but...mah dreams.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
enabrantain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 am Now I see what that talk of [Vul] s in the set was all about...
Don't worry, that party's just getting started... :wink:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
We already got Data Laughing from Generations. (I designed many of the VPs from the series it came from and I pushed hard to get that one in!)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
OKCoyote wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:51 am We already got Data Laughing from Generations. (I designed many of the VPs from the series it came from and I pushed hard to get that one in!)
Yeah, I thought I remembered seeing that after I made the post, never did get a chance to look it up though...

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:01 am
enabrantain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:50 am Now I see what that talk of [Vul] s in the set was all about...
Don't worry, that party's just getting started... :wink:
Can't say they were my first choice... but it's a unique idea, and based on what I see with the lander, should have very nice looking cards.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The increase to staffing on the new Vulcan lander and the removing the ability for Vulcans to report aboard makes it a VERY tough sell that this is something I should use over the original.

The original Vulcan lander pairs really well with New Arrivals. You can even play a deck with 29 dilemmas where you report it to Seal Rift in [1E-DQ] and basically use it as your mobile outpost for a [Vul] deck.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WeAreBack wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:30 am The increase to staffing on the new Vulcan lander and the removing the ability for Vulcans to report aboard makes it a VERY tough sell that this is something I should use over the original.

The original Vulcan lander pairs really well with New Arrivals. You can even play a deck with 29 dilemmas where you report it to Seal Rift in [1E-DQ] and basically use it as your mobile outpost for a [Vul] deck.
I'd use it in a [Vul] deck without thinking twice. They didn't have a great option for a landable ship before now.

But yeah, if crazy shenanigans are your thing, then maybe the OG one is more for you. But I think despite having the same card title, they're two very different cards tailored for very different decks.

That strikes me as a good thing.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:14 pm I expect we'll see some [Vul] crew and at least an objective to complete first contact in the set yet, then the [Vul] Vulcan Lander will look better.
Actually, with Young Shinzon's reveal I think it's a sure bet that 47, 48, 49 are the Vulcanized [NA] Vulcans from First Contact...

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]