This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 119 posts

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:37 am
Tosk wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:20 am With today's spoilers I'm hopeful for reprints of the Enterprise-C and her crew with the [CF] symbol (or perhaps new versions altogether that are a bit more updated for the modern game).
"Making a Difference Again" is a phrase that could apply equally well to the time-displaced Rachel Garret, Richard Castillo and even Tasha Yar as it does to James T Kirk.
And also Morgan Bateson and the Bozeman (except with the TNG logo this time)?
And Ian Andrew Troi! All the peeps in the Films uni should be [CF] .

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MattgomeryScott wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:48 am Posted on the 30th January.
Only question I have is how K't'inga-class also ended up on there as it seems a little random?
Mattgomery Scott.
I can't see a Klingon player seeding Workhorses of the Fleet just so they can play ONE free ❖ ship, especially given that this is not one of the best ships and that it has a very specific era staffing requirement.

Camp Khitomer also lets you play the same ship, or a unique ship, or a personnel and to do so every turn (though admittedly you need something to time travel to the spaceline).

I also notice that Cards 14 and 19 of this set are incidents....

Mayhaps is there a [CF] [Kli] incident in there that works along the lines of Make a difference again?

One that gives you access to [Kli] from a specific film's property logo? Or to ❖ [CF] [Kli], when playing [TNG]?
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
geraldkw wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:01 pm I'm still waiting for something for [EE] fed...
They've had something spoiled on social media... they also get something tonight, and they have several new cards coming in the final set reveal on Friday.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:59 pm
geraldkw wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:01 pm I'm still waiting for something for [EE] fed...
They've had something spoiled on social media... they also get something tonight, and they have several new cards coming in the final set reveal on Friday.
Oh good. I was starting to worry that we forgot to design any [EE] cards in the TNG Movies set. Wouldn't that be a bit of an oopsie!

:P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:31 pm Which personnel has [CF] AND [1E-TNG] ? o.O
Any personnel with the [CF] icon and the Generations logo, with Continuing Mission in play, as the latter provides the [1E-TNG] icon as long as it remains in play.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Dukat wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:31 pm Which personnel has [CF] AND [1E-TNG] ? o.O
Continuing Mission adds [1E-TNG] to your personnel and ships with the The Next Generation or Generations property logo. There are ten cards (currently; that may change before Friday) from Generation with the [CF] logo, who can gain [1E-TNG] .

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WeAreBack wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:04 pm I can't help but notice how killer Assign Support Personnel is with make a difference again given the proportion of existing [CF] [1E-TNG] personnel - 5 all ❖ -- have exactly two skills and no other skills.
It's good for dial-a-skill, but because of Make A Difference's text, you can't download your way to a Double Draw since it's an order.

But you're right that there's a lot of options, so it may be worth running ASP anyway for the dial-a-skill potential.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:44 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm Something I think is very interesting about Recover Stolen Material is that the seeded [Art] will be the first card encountered. That means it breaks a lot of your own mission-peeking tech (including Science Lab!)... but it also makes the first function of HQ: Return Orb To Bajor relevant for the first time since batch seeding began.

I like that.
Related Question...can you download HQ: Return Orb to Bajor with Taking Charge?

It's funny bc this was exactly my first thought as well. I've wanted return orb to bajor to be good for awhile and now it is.....

Coach Kevin freebie:. All this + ds9 commander sisko with orb icon + here by invitation + Orb of Wisdom + bajoran shrine turns this into 10 points and a free report engine and a draw engine. Ds9 decks just got another new archetype. Baller design!

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:46 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:44 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:18 pm Something I think is very interesting about Recover Stolen Material is that the seeded [Art] will be the first card encountered. That means it breaks a lot of your own mission-peeking tech (including Science Lab!)... but it also makes the first function of HQ: Return Orb To Bajor relevant for the first time since batch seeding began.

I like that.

It's funny bc this was exactly my first thought as well. I've wanted return orb to bajor to be good for awhile and now it is.....

Coach Kevin freebie:. All this + ds9 commander sisko with orb icon + here by invitation + Orb of Wisdom + bajoran shrine turns this into 10 points and a free report engine and a draw engine. Ds9 decks just got another new archetype. Baller design!
Related Question...can you download HQ: Return Orb to Bajor with Taking Charge?

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:47 pm Related Question...can you download HQ: Return Orb to Bajor with Taking Charge?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because Taking Charge can only download objectives which play on missions, not on personnel.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:50 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:47 pm Related Question...can you download HQ: Return Orb to Bajor with Taking Charge?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, because Taking Charge can only download objectives which play on missions, not on personnel.
This.

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]