This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 119 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I never know where to post comments about daily spoilers, so I am making a thread for it!

Today:
Norexan
Prototype warbird designed to supersede the aging D'deridex-class and replace the extensive losses the Romulan fleet suffered during the Dominion War.
[Cmd] [Cmd] [Stf] Cloaking Device, Tractor Beam
Range: 9 Weapons: 9 Shields: 9
In one sense: it's another Romulan Warbird! Okay! There are a lot of those.

In another sense: It's a full 3 attributes stronger than a standard D'Deridex, for the (fair-seeming) price of an extra [Cmd] . I could see myself using this in the right deck. The difference between 8 and 9 RANGE can be huge in a game where most seeded missions are span 3.

I don't understand Movie Romulans well enough to know whether there will be other uses for this, but, if it's just another warbird, that's still okay.

(Yes, I worked very hard on Rules Review for this set, and approved every card in the file. But that was, like, two months ago, and I forgot huge swaths of gameplay details over the Christmas hols. Like this next card, which I totally forgot existed until I saw it spoiled!)
[Int] A Few Loose Ends
Matthew Dougherty wanted to keep his plans with the Son'a to relocate the Ba'ku a secret. "You've done a terrific job. Now pack your bags and get the hell out of here."
Plays just after opponent solves (or completes a [BO] objective targeting) a mission. If their score is higher than yours, all their personnel are stopped. OR Nullifies No Loose Ends.
I really like this. It's effectively a (weakened) conversion of the old 2EBC card Surprise Amity, a kind of one-time Mission Debriefing but with much, much wider impact. It's not a card for every deck (or even every player), but it's one of those interrupts that will sometimes make it into a deck and occasionally completely turn a game around. Take that, speed solvers!

The No Loose Ends connection is just cute.

YOUR THOUGHTS????

EDIT: I definitely won't get this thread updated every day, so feel free to post the day's spoilers if you beat me to it, or just write about whatever spoilers interest you. I don't care. I just wanted to finally have a dedicated thread for Nemesis spoilers.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:48 am
The No Loose Ends connection is just cute.
This wasn't one of "my cards" but that absolutely was my line of game text. Felt very Decipherian to me, and I'm glad @SirDan indulged me on it.

Plus, in gameplay terms, with Space Lab Regula I coming out in Paradise Lost, and Pawns of the Military getting a boost, I thought it would be a nice (if a bit niche and limited) meta answer in case Virus stuff... started spreading... :shifty:

Glad you like it! :cheersL:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:07 pm I'm still enjoying the USS Farragut and looking forward to more 'versatile vessel' cards in future sets
Agreed. Thought it was funny to see that this was the first Nebula-class since premiere!

Was a bit disappointed to see that it's also the only one in the set (doubt Bellerophon is showing up here, or Endeavour for that matter), would've been cool to see Lexington from First Contact, though she'd need a [1E-DS9] of course, but admittedly I'm partial to more ship choices and letting DS9 Feds get access to it too.

I hope there's not another Enterprise instead of a different ship, same thing with a new Picard, cause 12 versions of the persona just isn't enough! There's already one from FC & Insurrection, here's hoping there's not a 3rd from Nemesis, especially when there were better options like an Akira from this shot: :D
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Un ... g_cube.jpg
BCSWowbagger wrote: In one sense: it's another Romulan Warbird! Okay! There are a lot of those.

A lot, but not enough - where's the Kilhra for Ruwon? :) Bonus points if it can make use of Nelvana Trap
BCSWowbagger wrote:In another sense: It's a full 3 attributes stronger than a standard D'Deridex, for the (fair-seeming) price of an extra [Cmd] . I could see myself using this in the right deck. The difference between 8 and 9 RANGE can be huge in a game where most seeded missions are span 3.
Not to mention it's got a nice boost potentially from Evaluate Starship Systems to get up to high enough attributes that it could come out unscathed from a 1:1 engagement.

And this spoiler does strongly suggest that the two cards between it and the Vulcan Lander are the Valdore & Scimitar.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, after Young Shinzon (which I think is a Young Sheldon joke), I'm betting 47, 48 and 49 are the Vulcanized [NA] Vulcans from First Contact. So that sadly does not leave room for any more [Fed] ships. The new warbird is 51 and 54 is the [Vul] Lander. I'm going to speculate that 52 and 53 are [1E-Rom] ships, probably the ❖ Scorpion Fighter and a named warbird. So I think that's that for ships.

Ships I hoped to see (obviously not all of them in one set, though, lol):
*In no particular order...

[Fed] USS Budapest (Norway)
[Fed] USS Appalachia (Steamrunner)
[Fed] ❖ USS Sovereign
[Fed] [NA] Holoship
[NA] ❖ Son'a Frigate (Based on their flag ship)
[Fed] ❖ Mission Scout Ship
[Kli] ❖ D-12 Scout Vessel
[Fed] USS Yeager (Saber)
[Fed] ❖ USS Saber
[Fed] ❖ USS Steamrunner
[Fed] ❖ USS Norway
[Fed] ❖ Type 11 Shuttle
[Fed] Cousteau (Ent-E Captain's yatch)
[Fed] USS Enterprise (Generations)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:36 am Well, after Young Shinzon (which I think is a Young Sheldon joke), I'm betting 47, 48 and 49 are the Vulcanized [NA] Vulcans from First Contact. So that sadly does not leave room for any more [Fed] ships. The new warbird is 51 and 54 is the [Vul] Lander. I'm going to speculate that 52 and 53 are [1E-Rom] ships, probably the ❖ Scorpion Fighter and a named warbird. So I think that's that for ships.
Scimitar seems obvious, but I'd say the Valdore, (https://www.trekcc.org/2e/?cardID=676) is the more likely, no?

enabrantain wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:36 am Ships I hoped to see (obviously not all of them in one set, though, lol):
*In no particular order...

[Fed] USS Budapest (Norway)
[Fed] USS Appalachia (Steamrunner)
[Fed] ❖ USS Sovereign
[Fed] [NA] Holoship
[NA] ❖ Son'a Frigate (Based on their flag ship)
[Fed] ❖ Mission Scout Ship
[Kli] ❖ D-12 Scout Vessel
[Fed] USS Yeager (Saber)
[Fed] ❖ USS Saber
[Fed] ❖ USS Steamrunner
[Fed] ❖ USS Norway
[Fed] ❖ Type 11 Shuttle
[Fed] Cousteau (Ent-E Captain's yatch)
[Fed] USS Enterprise (Generations)
Interesting, you've got a long list, most of which were not on mine which would probably be something like:

USS Bellerophon (Nebula from Wolf 359 &/or Intrepid)
USS Cairo (Jellicoe's ship - I've always been partial towards the Excelsior model)
USS Challenger (Geordi's Galaxy-class in Timeless)
USS Constellation (bridging the gap between [CF] & [1E-TNG], four nacelles good, two nacelles bad?)
Starship Exeter (Tracey's TOS Constitution-class)
USS Hera (Geordi's mom's ship, another Nebula iirc, something to do with the Vulcan crew)
USS Hood (from DS9, just for showing up throughout, repeatedly)
USS Honshu (a versatile vessel with a brig? Or some prisoner-related shenanigans)
USS Lakota (souped-up Excelsior)
USS Lexington (another Nebula from)/Starship Lexington (Wesley's [OS] flagship)
USS Malinche (Sanders' ship)
Starship Republic ( [CF] -era Constitution something w/ training cruise?)
USS Rhode Island (Harry Kim's ship in the finale, fixes broken link on shuttle & could even be a two-fer if it has 'alternate future' in lore for Maximum firepower)
USS Saratoga (Sisko's ship at Wolf 359)
USS Sovereign ( ❖)
USS Venture (Galaxy, there's a good shot of her docked at DS9 in way of the warrior)
Starship Yorktown (ST:IV Constituion)
USS Yamaguchi (another Ambassador at Wolf 359, comes to Saratoga's aid)

Salvaged Attack Ship (Sisko's Dominion Fighter)
Kilhra (Ruwon's ship - let it use Nelvana Trap as a similar sort of scheme and it has a good use)
Valdore (I suspect this is coming, nice to see it back after 2e getting booted)
a [DS9] ❖ K'T'inga
Nyran ( [Vul] ship)
Rokasa ( [Car] Broken link)
❖ Negh'var from Endgame

A lot of these, admittedly are because there's a good looking shot that would look great on a card more than a ship that's really strictly necessary, but whatever :)

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I think enabran's list is from the TNG Movies, which is the theme of this set?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
princedetenebres wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:48 am I hope there's not another Enterprise instead of a different ship, same thing with a new Picard, cause 12 versions of the persona just isn't enough!
A new Picard was already spoiled on this site and is in the card list (it's card 31V for stat fans.) He's basically 2E's Argo pilot in 1E form. While I agree that it's nice to see other characters as well, sometimes I think they kinda have to do certain characters in certain sets. You can't really have a Nemesis set without Picard, as he's such a big part of the story.

As for the other cards, as I mentioned in the article thread I'm really liking the Farragut and Versatile Vessel, as I've always had a soft spot for the Nebula class so it's nice to see it getting some love. Would love to see the Ambassador class get a similar boost some day.

With todays cards The New Reman Flagship looks like a fun card that continues the "Reman as cannon fodder" theme with an interesting twist. Being able to grab equipment and your ship at the cost of a few mooks is something I can see being very useful with all the Reman freeplays.

As for Young Shinzon , interesting to see he doesn't have the Nemesis icon of his older self, so that's one Shinzon that can actually work with Picard.

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
princedetenebres wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:21 am USS Hera (Geordi's mom's ship, another Nebula iirc, something to do with the Vulcan crew)
I always thought it would be a very good way to link up the [Vul] [22] with the [Fed] to have a ship based on the Starship Intrepid. This is the ship crewed entirely by Vulcans that Spock feels "die" at the start of episode 208, The immunity Syndrome. (The Space Amoeba episode). Canonically, we know that Spock is the first Vulcan in Starfleet. So who were the crew of the intrepid? Well, obviously they were Vulcans who were not part of Starfleet.

The premise of the card would work like These are The Voyages but would change the affiliation of any ❖ [Vul] to [Fed] or allow your [Vul] crew or away team members to mix with [Fed] cards.

I forgot entirely that the crew of the U.S.S. Hera was also mostly Vulcan and now realize that this also applies to the T'Kumbra -- the ship commanded by Solok (Sisko's Vulcan rival in Take Me out to the Holosuite).

How does this sound?

Crewed by Vulcans
Plays on your [Fed] ship with staffing icons. Your ❖ [Vul] personnel may not report to time locations but gain any [OS] , [1E-TNG], [1E-DS9] on this ship and may report aboard, and if you played no free cards this turn, once each turn, one may do so for free when the ship moves or a mission attempt begins here.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
WeAreBack wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:15 am Canonically, we know that Spock is the first Vulcan in Starfleet. So who were the crew of the intrepid? Well, obviously they were Vulcans who were not part of Starfleet.

I remember this growing up, but I'm not sure if that is canonical, or at least I cannot find it. Even Spock's bio on Startrek.com says it, but I cannot find a source on screen stating it.

And then between Enterprise, Discovery, Strange New Worlds we have other Vulcans in Starfleet. (You can discount T'Pol, as EarthStarfleet =/= UFP Starfleet.)

Again, I agree that I always "knew" this growing up, but apparently it was never stated on screen and comes as an inference from Sarek being upset at Spock for joining.

(Similar to how people think Kirk's 1701 was the Flagship, or the Enterprise is always the flagship, but until SNW only the D and E were ever called that on screen.)
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]