This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Alright; you win this one, Brian. THIS ONE.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Iron Prime wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:53 pm Alright; you win this one, Brian. THIS ONE.

I look forward to seeing you wreck shop with your Oberth armada. :cheersL:
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
One of the banes of design is not getting cards to do what you want. Or really, not noticing when cards don't quite say what you mean.

Take Battle Stations: Sovereign Class for example. One of limits we added was this:
At the start of each turn, you must activate or discard each of your [HA] cards.
All through testing and proofing and internal discussions and conversations with Rules, we though it was an interesting restriction, and an answer to a few trickes that appeared in playtesting, like using extra seed slots for several seeded Computer Crashs.

When I was writing my article late Monday night into Tuesday, I read it again and though, "huh, that looks like it just discards all cards with that icon, including face up ones. I wonder if that's bad?" But it was well after midnight so I didn't have the brainpower to think much more about it.

And then someone on Discord noticed what this wording implied, and it was relayed to our Nemesis planning board. Rules confirmed that it was so. There were thoughts that it could be a happy accident: just a bit harsher of a restriction than we were planning. Then it was pointed out that it would pitch Borg objectives, which would ruin an admittedly fringe deck, but maybe that's still okay? But then Villagers with Torches, Q the Ref, and others were mentioned, and it became clear this was a problem.

A whirlwind of activity later, our amazing Art and Programing folks jumped in and fixed it. From the outside, it felt like someone snapped their fingers and the new card appeared from a Q-Flash. But we know it was effort, so big thanks to the team for facilitating and implementing the last-minute change. Here's what that line of text changed to:
At the start of each turn, you must activate or discard each of your face down [HA] cards.
This is a more literal interpretation of what was in our heads. The new text is already up, the image will be in place on time for release tonight.

Thanks!

By Foxfire
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
After looking at the Hiren card the one thought that sprung to mind was
Rejected Shinzon's proposed alliance as he has no love for his Reman neighbors.
an intentional reference or not. It's a deep cut reference if it is.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Just a shame I had to use the American spelling of Neighbours!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:52 am Just a shame I had to use the American spelling of Neighbours!
Yes, I was about to comment on that. Glad I'm not alone.

While we're talking about Hiren , is making him a former admiral another deep cut, this time to Alan Dale's recurring role as Director Tom Morrow in early episodes of NCIS?

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
MattgomeryScott wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:38 am
KazonPADD wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:52 am Just a shame I had to use the American spelling of Neighbours!
Yes, I was about to comment on that. Glad I'm not alone.

While we're talking about Hiren , is making him a former admiral another deep cut, this time to Alan Dale's recurring role as Director Tom Morrow in early episodes of NCIS?

All the Best,

Mattgomery Scott.
Actually no…
MemoryAlpha wrote: He also has a cameo in David R. George III's Lost Era novel Serpents Among the Ruins, where he is an admiral in the Romulan fleet.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Pazuzu wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:55 pm Was ist ever considered to give some new personnel the Image expansion icon like on Martinez and Suzanne Dumont OR what that deemed to powerful so that an extra seed slot needs to be spent?
I don't think it was ever considered, but Engage the Borg does this if, for some reason, you need them.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I love Insurrection, but unfortunately, there was not enough space in the set for all the cool stuff that we made. Something had to go, and we kept the things that made the most sense, for the number of card slots we had available to us.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation