This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi all!

First of all, I hope you're enjoying the Nemesis spoilers. There's plenty more to come before this expansion releases next Friday, so keep your eyes peeled. Secondly, if you get a chance to read through the Project Status Update that I wrote today, please do! It's got lot of information about upcoming virtual expansions. In fact, one of those upcoming projects was publicly announced for the first time. Here's what I wrote:
Project Bookend
(This is a TOP SECRET project tied to the game's 30th anniversary in November 2024.)

All I should tell you at this point is that this project exists - and quite honestly, I'm still not sure if I should have even done that. But know that we've been working on this for over a year, it's the biggest project by far we've ever done, and you'll find out more as the 30th anniversary approaches in 2024.
Did you know that our beloved First Edition turns 30 years old next year? Don't think about it too hard unless you want to feel really old! Project Bookend is one piece of our plans for celebrating this milestone birthday. But my question for you today is: what would you like to see the CC do to celebrate 30 years of 1E?

If you have guesses about what Project Bookend might be, feel free to sound off. But outside of that, tell us what you want to see. We want to know what types of events and content we should create, share, or promote to celebrate the game's pearl anniversary.

I can't wait to read what your ideas for celebrating are. Who knows, maybe next year we'll have some of them! In the mean time, have a great weekend. And don't forget to check the site every day for brand new cards from Nemesis!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Best guess? A reimagining/reissuing of Premiere.

Off-the-wall batshit crazy idea? The last 1E set produced by the CC EVER.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm insane guess, a reinvention of the 1E templates, to still be 1E but to incorporate a lot of things learned about design in the last 30 years
I think we kind of already went down that road with the [Inc] with lore box template.

By DarkSabre (Austin Chandler)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Full remasters of each decipher set

Rolling back some of the errata, ban list, and changes to Q Flash :D

Would love to see something iconic for each affiliation and card type that would add some fun and whimsy back into deck building

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
A set containing as many main characters and ships as possible, but they are all done in new affiliations.
[Fed] Quark
[1E-Fer] Neelix
[Hir] USS Voyager
[Baj] Miles O'Brien
[Bor] Katherine Janeway
[Car] Jean-Luc Picard
[Kli] Julian Bashir
[Dom] USS Defiant
[Kaz] Chakotay
[Vid] Belana Torrez
[NA] The Doctor
[SF] Starship Defiant
[1E-Rom] Geordi LaForge
[Vul] Captain Kirk
[Neu] Locutus

etc... etc...
Last edited by enabrantain on Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
We players who started playing in the days of decipher should have a little fun with ourselves (because we can all take a joke). The game is 30 years older and so are we :)

So the “old” versions of all of the main characters from the various flash forwards on the show should be issued/reissued:

Future versions of enterprise crew from Twilight, voyager crew from endgame and timeless (Also Geordi?), DS9 crew from the visitor, TOS from the deadly years, new TNG versions of Spock, Scotty & McCoy from their guest spots, TNG crew from All Good Things and future imperfect…

In fact there are enough dilemmas, missions, ships and other cards from these episodes that you would only have to scratch the surface and would still have a great set.

And if no one likes the idea now, I’ll float it again at the 50th anniversary when it’s less funny :)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Every card from premiere - but either a colon rule variant, an off the ban list errata or a different persona but still from the TNG era show.

I guess this because i have not kept it a secret i would like new versions of Temporal Causality Loop, Tsiolkovsky Infection and Rogue Borg Mercs.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like that old person version idea. If you needed better representation, you could do Younger versions as well.

ALSO. A series of oft requested errata, like Tomek/Jera as [1E-AU] "imposter"s rather than [Holo] "recreation"s, Decius with [Bar] and the rest of the [Bar] folks with [Holo] instead of [1E-AU].

Close a dozen broken links. They are fun only when they are few. They are bothersome when they are many and old.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
boromirofborg wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm insane guess, a reinvention of the 1E templates, to still be 1E but to incorporate a lot of things learned about design in the last 30 years
I would support this!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:50 pm
I think we kind of already went down that road with the [Inc] with lore box template.
starting with baby steps. =)

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:02 am We players who started playing in the days of decipher should have a little fun with ourselves (because we can all take a joke). The game is 30 years older and so are we :)

So the “old” versions of all of the main characters from the various flash forwards on the show should be issued/reissued:

Future versions of enterprise crew from Twilight, voyager crew from endgame and timeless (Also Geordi?), DS9 crew from the visitor, TOS from the deadly years, new TNG versions of Spock, Scotty & McCoy from their guest spots, TNG crew from All Good Things and future imperfect…

In fact there are enough dilemmas, missions, ships and other cards from these episodes that you would only have to scratch the surface and would still have a great set.

And if no one likes the idea now, I’ll float it again at the 50th anniversary when it’s less funny :)
Thirty years old or older lol. I have to add almost ten years to that number.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]