This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Neelix wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:40 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 am
winterflames wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 am I thought you still have Regular Reports for people who fill skill gaps. The free reports are for the chaff which blow through dilemmas.

Either way, just take an Empok Nor with you. Then you can dial a skill like the [Fed] / [Baj] / [Car] Nor decks.
I understand that but that is also why it cannot be a competitive archetype. It ruins the mechanical smoothness to have to use a card play to report a personnel imo. That’s what makes, for example, MVBs MaQak KCA deck so lethal. Everything is free, essentially.
Sure, but certainly the designers and playtesters were hoping NOT to facilitate another deck like that were everything is free, yes?

I am interested in playing the Formidable Warriors deck for sure!

I am not looking forward to playing Recover Stolen Material as I always wince when we have a card that fiddles with acquiring artifacts in weird ways. In this case, putting something as an artifact at a space mission when that artifact might not normally be allowed at a space mission. It's probably fine but...
It's the same seed cost as a Cryosatellite, which has been around since 1995. Moving the artifact to the front of the stack is only valuable if you have a way to grab it when encountered, otherwise it goes to the back of the stack anyway.

As far as competitiveness goes, let's just say I'm real interested to see how this Release event shakes out #shamelessplug... :shifty:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Neelix wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:40 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 am
winterflames wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 am I thought you still have Regular Reports for people who fill skill gaps. The free reports are for the chaff which blow through dilemmas.

Either way, just take an Empok Nor with you. Then you can dial a skill like the [Fed] / [Baj] / [Car] Nor decks.
I understand that but that is also why it cannot be a competitive archetype. It ruins the mechanical smoothness to have to use a card play to report a personnel imo. That’s what makes, for example, MVBs MaQak KCA deck so lethal. Everything is free, essentially.
Sure, but certainly the designers and playtesters were hoping NOT to facilitate another deck like that were everything is free, yes?

I am interested in playing the Formidable Warriors deck for sure!
I understand that, but it's not like 3+ free decks are not out there anyway. Like I said, I at least hope that a "fix" will come eventually so you aren't "forced" to play with non-remans.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Would you still play it (i.e. a reman-only deck) that came with a cost for that skill you feel is missing?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:44 pm Would you still play it (i.e. a reman-only deck) that came with a cost for that skill you feel is missing?
They are missing Diplomacy, Leadership, Honor, and Anthropology.

I think there are already some built-in costs for Remans, but yes, ultimately. I accept from a world-lore perspective Remans have to, ultimately, lose and in the process there should be a pile of dead Remans. I'd just advocating for that deck-type to have a chance, bc I'm already thinking Remans + Maquis and Remans + Androids already may outpace it. Just an initial thought I want to put out there as other sets are still being designed. I think the current set is a winner, overall.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 am
Smiley wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:44 pm Would you still play it (i.e. a reman-only deck) that came with a cost for that skill you feel is missing?
They are missing Diplomacy, Leadership, Honor, and Anthropology.

I think there are already some built-in costs for Remans, but yes, ultimately. I accept from a world-lore perspective Remans have to, ultimately, lose and in the process there should be a pile of dead Remans. I'd just advocating for that deck-type to have a chance, bc I'm already thinking Remans + Maquis and Remans + Androids already may outpace it. Just an initial thought I want to put out there as other sets are still being designed. I think the current set is a winner, overall.
Diplomacy and Leadership, you say? :wink:

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
Brian makes an interesting point...I'm assuming you can have Vkruk and The Viceroy in play simultaneously since neither mentions the other in lore in a persona style way, right?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Neelix wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:17 pm Brian makes an interesting point...I'm assuming you can have Vkruk and The Viceroy in play simultaneously since neither mentions the other in lore in a persona style way, right?
Yup. They very specifically are NOT personae of each other. Just like Jean-Luc Picard and Lt. (j.g.) Picard can exist in play at the same time, so can these two...
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]