This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Happy Friday all and happy release day!

Now we’ve finally all seen the full set of 54 new cards for Nemesis, and I’m sure we each have personal favourites, so todays (2-part) question is…

What card from Nemesis are you most excited to use and why?

And conversely…

What card from Nemesis are you least excited to use and why?

For me, I love playing Remans at Spires of Romulus, so I’m excited to add Vkruk to my build and bolster my Diplomacy levels!

Conversely, while I loved hiding the Star Wars reference in High Ground, I can’t see myself using it.

But what about you? Which cards are you digging? Which cards are could we do better on?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
:thumbsup: : Recover Stolen Material. In addition to a Ds9 deck idea that i'm already hard at work on, theres a ton of room to explore with its 3 equipment downloads

:thumbsdown: : Battle Stations: Soveriegn - this flies in the face of everything i like to do in 1e so i highly doubt that i'll ever play this. I wont say never.......but it will take a very specific situation outside of it being in a "teach the game" deck.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
I want to build a whole deck of ❖ Planet missions and solve them using the Vulcan Lander (Nemesis).

Even more fun: give the Lander Geology with Vulcan Database.

I'm not as jazzed about the Reman stuff, though I do like to see a lot of the 2EBC [Rom] cards on 1E templates, even if we don't officially do that anymore.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:32 pm I want to build a whole deck of ❖ Planet missions and solve them using the Vulcan Lander (Nemesis).

I'm not as jazzed about the Reman stuff, though I do like to see a lot of the 2EBC [Rom] cards on 1E templates, even if we don't officially do that anymore.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Lander can't help solve planet missions with skills.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:32 pm I want to build a whole deck of ❖ Planet missions and solve them using the Vulcan Lander (Nemesis).

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Lander can't help solve planet missions with skills.
Dammit, I wondered about that. I'm still gonna Timmy this deck.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
:thumbsup: Activate Thalaron Weapon
I remember when First Contact first debuted and "Build Interplexing Beacon" was used by Decipher to explain how Objectives and Probing would work. I loved the multi-phase process built into the card because it allowed tension to mount up. Most other probing cards that I see my opponent playing in game appear and then disappear in the same turn because the player is competent enough to have set up their deck to push through to the result they want ASAP. Which is good strategy from the player, but bad for Trek Sense and gameplay experience.
So I was delighted to see a return to this idea after all this time. It's an appropriately powerful effect so the building tension will be great, and give your opponent a chance to mount a desperate counter-offensive to try to stop the doomsday clock.

"Workhorses of the Fleet" is also going to get get some use from me too. The cards I get the most excited for are the ones that let me go back and re-examine cards that haven't seen play in years, in this case the Oberths, the Mirandas, and especially the Excelsior.

:thumbsdown: Not really excited for the Remans. Partly this is the movie's fault for not characterizing them as more than monster-men to make scary faces at the heroes. With the self-discard strategy I'm guessing they are meant to fill the role of MtG's Goblins in the Trek universe? makes sense. Might be very effective as a winning deck strategy, but doesn't feel like that's what Star Trek is supposed to be about.

That's me, I care more about Trek Sense than actually winning games. Take that for what it's worth.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
What card from Nemesis are you most excited to use and why?

For me it is Make a Difference Again. I have been wanting to recreate the movie Generations in 1E for a while now. While the movie itself is not at the top of my list to rewatch, it did make the TNG sets beautiful with its lighting. The revamp of the Enterprise-D bridge is my favorite to look at in the movie. I was kind of hoping we might get a Picard and Data in the DS9 uniforms in this set! We got Geordi, at least! Workhorses of the Fleet is another part of this card I am interested in trying out. I might try to build a deck around the Generations movie with an alternate take with the U.S.S. Excalibur, U.S.S. Stargazer, and a ❖ U.S.S. Excelsior. I'll get the U.S.S. Enterprise-B with Reunite Legends.

What card from Nemesis are you least excited to use and why?

The Remans. They just aren't my cup of tea to play in 1E.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm impressed with the [Vul] cards. [Bor] Hawk is really cool. :D

I'm no fan of Nemesis, the cards are pretty, but the idea of using up my precious printer ink of them just doesn't fly. I'm sure other people love them, good for them! :cheersL: :cheersR:

If you guys weren't going to give the [Fed] movie characters and ships [EE] then they should have just been made [1E-DS9], like what you did with the Remans. But it is what it is now. Hopefully we will see more ❖ [Fed] personnel from TNG movies other than First Contact to help this system out. :twocents: :neutral:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:21 am I'm impressed with the [Vul] cards. [Bor] Hawk is really cool. :D

I'm no fan of Nemesis, the cards are pretty, but the idea of using up my precious printer ink of them just doesn't fly. I'm sure other people love them, good for them! :cheersL: :cheersR:

If you guys weren't going to give the [Fed] movie characters and ships [EE] then they should have just been made [1E-DS9], like what you did with the Remans. But it is what it is now. Hopefully we will see more ❖ [Fed] personnel from TNG movies other than First Contact to help this system out. :twocents: :neutral:
How many is enough? They can still work with [NA] Movie people, too.
And people were already playing the that way.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Well, then let's hope for some new Son'a in a future set, but I did get the main message here, which was not to hold my breath.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Um, you realize I have absolutely no pull, right? I am just a dude on the interwebs.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:18 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:55 pm

Dammit, I wondered about that. I'm still gonna Timmy this deck.
Use a Vulcan PADD!

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
As maybe the only person who liked the movie, Nemesis, I love all the reman stuff. However, I’ll complain that there aren’t enough Remans and hope to see a little more development/remans in the next coming sets. Mainly, Remans need someone with anthropology!

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm As maybe the only person who liked the movie, Nemesis, I love all the reman stuff. However, I’ll complain that there aren’t enough Remans and hope to see a little more development/remans in the next coming sets. Mainly, Remans need someone with anthropology!
On a "totally unrelated" note, what's the best way for me to get Treaty: Romulan/Dominion into play in a deck using Reshape the Quadrant?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
GooeyChewie wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:21 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm As maybe the only person who liked the movie, Nemesis, I love all the reman stuff. However, I’ll complain that there aren’t enough Remans and hope to see a little more development/remans in the next coming sets. Mainly, Remans need someone with anthropology!
On a "totally unrelated" note, what's the best way for me to get Treaty: Romulan/Dominion into play in a deck using Reshape the Quadrant?
Open Diplomatic Relations does cost seed slots
Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]