This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
D’oh. Literacy strikes again. Formidable Warriors nullifies itself if I have a treaty.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm As maybe the only person who liked the movie, Nemesis, I love all the reman stuff. However, I’ll complain that there aren’t enough Remans and hope to see a little more development/remans in the next coming sets. Mainly, Remans need someone with anthropology!
Or maybe not. Maybe they just need to hug another faction/affiliation for that. =)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:28 pm D’oh. Literacy strikes again. Formidable Warriors nullifies itself if I have a treaty.
Yeah, it's almost like we considered the implications of a Dominion/ Reman tag up.... :shifty:

Though most of that work was done before the Invasive Beam-in Errata, so it would probably take a little more work then it would have to break things now.

Regardless, we didn't want Remans having easy access to shield-penetrating transporters. Gonna have to be at least a little creative to go do mass murder and/or suicide. :wink:

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:46 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm As maybe the only person who liked the movie, Nemesis, I love all the reman stuff. However, I’ll complain that there aren’t enough Remans and hope to see a little more development/remans in the next coming sets. Mainly, Remans need someone with anthropology!
Or maybe not. Maybe they just need to hug another faction/affiliation for that. =)
The problem is that it may make it impossible for a reman only deck. The reason this is a problem is from all the reman stuff just released that makes it attractive to have a reman only deck. They are basically green macos without skills.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:10 pm Yeah, it's almost like we considered the implications of a Dominion/ Reman tag up.... :shifty:
And you decided it was a bad thing? Senator Vreenak is disappointed with you.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is there something I am missing that prevents you from using non-remans to cover skill gaps?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:27 pm Is there something I am missing that prevents you from using non-remans to cover skill gaps?
In a word, no. But which personnel you can use to fill those gaps depends on which Reman mechanic you're looking to run.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:27 pm Is there something I am missing that prevents you from using non-remans to cover skill gaps?
Nope. A quick look shows 23 [1E-DS9] [1E-Rom] to choose from for a Formidable Warriors deck

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Most excited to use would be Recover Stolen Material for the mentioned combo with HQ: Return Orb to Bajor and particularly Orb of Wisdom. Bought the Orb stuff back in 2008 wanting a custom play engine for "unsupported" builds, so I am INVESTED. (I believe the Bajoran Raider was also involved, hah.) The batch seeding rules for my preferred format put a damper on that, though there have been some nice play engines since then.

Also I'd be surprised if the CC had in mind a particular deck-building hobby: intentionally not wanting much movement in my collection, so sticking mostly to traditional cards, but also wanting to eat my cake, with virtual cards that seed on table or thereabouts, as well as dilemmas. That makes for some wack builds. It also makes enablers that let an existing collection be put together in new ways treasure!

Least excited to use... having to pick something, High Ground? My Dominion decks seem drawn as usual to Subjugate Planet on Diplomatic Conference. I'm sure High Ground can set up something disagreeable, it's just that I will do it myself with questionable and exciting all-in attempts. Parliament really has the best conferences.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:35 pm
Nope. A quick look shows 23 [1E-DS9] [1E-Rom] to choose from for a Formidable Warriors deck
None of which can play for free if they aren’t already reman. That kinda kills the chance of it being as competitive as it should be. I can splash androids or Maquis or sona, but that ruins the mechanics,

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:02 am
None of which can play for free if they aren’t already reman. That kinda kills the chance of it being as competitive as it should be. I can splash androids or Maquis or sona, but that ruins the mechanics,
A bunch of them can play for free, just not with Formidable Warriors specifcally... :shifty:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I thought you still have Regular Reports for people who fill skill gaps. The free reports are for the chaff which blow through dilemmas.

Either way, just take an Empok Nor with you. Then you can dial a skill like the [Fed] / [Baj] / [Car] Nor decks.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:13 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:02 am

A bunch of them can play for free, just not with Formidable Warriors specifcally... :shifty:
Oh I know, but that’s what I mean about ruining the mechanics. Im happy to explore the other options and I am doing so, but I think it’s disappointing that I have to ruin the thematics of a Reman-Only deck. Especially, as I keep pointing out, that Remans feel extremely similar to Macos, mechanically, and the holes in Macos we’re eventually addressed (specifically, no officers). I think there was intentionally room left for improvement in later sets.

I’m not exactly complaining but I think the Reman story is a neat one that needs more than they even currently have. For example…why no ❖ reman scorpion?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 am I thought you still have Regular Reports for people who fill skill gaps. The free reports are for the chaff which blow through dilemmas.

Either way, just take an Empok Nor with you. Then you can dial a skill like the [Fed] / [Baj] / [Car] Nor decks.
I understand that but that is also why it cannot be a competitive archetype. It ruins the mechanical smoothness to have to use a card play to report a personnel imo. That’s what makes, for example, MVBs MaQak KCA deck so lethal. Everything is free, essentially.

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 am
winterflames wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:53 am I thought you still have Regular Reports for people who fill skill gaps. The free reports are for the chaff which blow through dilemmas.

I understand that but that is also why it cannot be a competitive archetype. It ruins the mechanical smoothness to have to use a card play to report a personnel imo. That’s what makes, for example, MVBs MaQak KCA deck so lethal. Everything is free, essentially.
Sure, but certainly the designers and playtesters were hoping NOT to facilitate another deck like that were everything is free, yes?

I am interested in playing the Formidable Warriors deck for sure!

I am not looking forward to playing Recover Stolen Material as I always wince when we have a card that fiddles with acquiring artifacts in weird ways. In this case, putting something as an artifact at a space mission when that artifact might not normally be allowed at a space mission. It's probably fine but...
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]