This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have a, probably, stupid question about Warp Core cards ( [WC] ). Normally, I only play with one on the table with whatever affiliation I am playing, but with the release of Make a Difference Again, I am thinking about adding a second [WC] - such as Finest Crew in the Fleet - for a second free play engine. Is that legal? Can I stock FCitF in my deck and when I draw into it, play it on table for my card play?
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:22 pm I have a, probably, stupid question about Warp Core cards ( [WC] ). Normally, I only play with one on the table with whatever affiliation I am playing, but with the release of Make a Difference Again, I am thinking about adding a second [WC] - such as Finest Crew in the Fleet - for a second free play engine. Is that legal? Can I stock FCitF in my deck and when I draw into it, play it on table for my card play?
Yes.

Michael

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Yes, I just did this with my Romulan deck.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
StuartL wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:28 am For some reason I always thought you could only have one [WC] [RC] in play.

Time to revisit some decks.
You can only start with one in play (That's why Continuing Mission and Reshape the Quadrant says "seed one"), but there's nothing stopping you from playing another one later.

Just remember that (at least as of right now) there's no way to reliably get more outside of the classic Q Tent, so you're either sacrificing draws or hoping for some luck to get a double engine deck fully operational.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:52 am You can only start with one in play (That's why Continuing Mission and Reshape the Quadrant says "seed one"), but there's nothing stopping you from playing another one later.
Huh? That "Seed one" only applies to Continuing Mission/Reshape the Quadrant itself, right?
There's nothing stopping you from downloading say Legitimate Leader of the Empire and also seeding a Scientific Diplomacy, correct?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
patrick wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:57 am
Armus wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:52 am You can only start with one in play (That's why Continuing Mission and Reshape the Quadrant says "seed one"), but there's nothing stopping you from playing another one later.
Huh? That "Seed one" only applies to Continuing Mission/Reshape the Quadrant itself, right?
There's nothing stopping you from downloading say Legitimate Leader of the Empire and also seeding a Scientific Diplomacy, correct?
Correct. SD specifically says seed, which makes it an exception to the general rule.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]