This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It is still legally Friday in several time zones! (I was on the road all day and my 1EFQing was thusly delayed.)

Star Trek Picard's third season launched this week. I will not attempt to discuss or debate the quality of STP (and I strongly encourage you to refrain from entering that intractable debate yourself) -- but the new season of PIC is a useful news peg for this First Edition Friday Question!

Famously, Decipher only ever had the license to a limited number of Star Trek "properties":

THE SERIES
The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Voyager
The Original Series
Enterprise

THE MOVIES
(I'm not listing all ten movies. You know what they are.)

THE GAMES
Armada
A Klingon Challenge

If you could add one more Star Trek property logo to our game, what would it be?

This could be one (but only one!) of the nuTrek shows, like Star Trek: Prodigy ( [Fed] Murph!) -- or one (but only one!) of the nuTrek movies, like Star Trek: Beyond.

Or it could be a game that was never included before, like Star Trek: Bridge Commander ( [Fed] Chief Brex!).

Or you might add one of the book series, like Star Trek: Department of Temporal Investigations ( [NA] Jamran Harnoth, if you hate fun!), or even a specific book you really like, such as Spock's World ( [Evt] Cthia!).

Or you could add a fan film/series/audio drama, like Star Trek: Aurora.

But you only get one! What one other property would you like to see in our game?

(Obviously, this is purest fantasy. We cannot, in reality, change the Decipher license, and, if we ever dared tread outside it, it would be with tremendous caution. But it seems like a fun Friday Question!)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Star Trek: The Animated Series.

Too Easy.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
fun question.

First I'll say that watching SNW was the first time I really regretted not having cards from the new shows. But then you mentioned my favorite ST Novel (Spock's World), and I started thinking.

If I had to pick one, it would be the Novel Series New Frontier by Peter David.
Not only was it long (10+ books), but there's a wealth of things to draw from. Not only new Fed mains (and new versions of some old favorites), but there's enough screen time for at least 1, maybe 2 new affiliations.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Semi serious answer that I’m surprised wasn’t Maggie’s:

Short Treks because it would allow a bunch of new Tribbles cards to be created.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Strange New Worlds

Not going to go into my thoughts on the new series, but from a game standpoint, it is the easiest to incorporate right into the [OS] era.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
This is a toughie!

I think i would go with Lower Decks because its imho the best of this new era of trek.

But the DS9 re-launch books come in a very close second.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Easy: the "Shatnerverse." The Continuing Comittee has already made references to non-cannon novels by David Mack on three cards: Selot, Mr. Tuvok (Shades of Grey) and Seek Knowledge Cache (which is the origin of Memory Omega

The "Shatnerverse" is a series of novels ostensibly by actor, singer and Tek War author William Shatner with the "assistance" of the top Star Trek writing team Judith and Garfield Reeves Stevens (whose fingerprints are all over the plot and story).

The novels are mostly set from the period between Generations and Nemesis and have villains fare more compelling than Shinzon -- namely mirror versions of the entire Next Generation cast and everyone's favorite evil twin: James Tiberius Kirk (known simply as Tiberius)

Frankly, bringing Shatner back to play Kirk's evil twin would have been much better movie than meeting Picard's evil clone was.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Yeah DS9 Relaunch would be my serious answer.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Star Trek Online feels like we'd get a good smattering of interesting things for a bunch of affiliations, that's still vaguely in-timeline.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Although the details are above my pay grade, I hope that the predictability of the CC has been most reassuring.

To the question, the Voyager relaunch novels are full of fun material. Project Full Circle could offer interesting mechanics with keeping a fleet together (or sticking them in weird crevices for bonus points), there's some spooky Omega Continuum action, and best of all, we would get to see Art knock the Obihhax out of the park! The artwork I mean. It is a
god noodle

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Lower Decks.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So I'm torn. On one hand the part of me that loves the books wants to say Typhon Pact just for all the weird hijinx that could show up as a result.

But the "practical" part of me has to go with Discovery. While the series is divisive in the fandom to say the very least? I think it would be the property logo with the most chance of not only enhancing current deck archetypes while also opening up new design space.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]