This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Obviously I'd be very tempted to add my own audio drama, Starship Excelsior, now broadcasting on a podcast service near you...

...but actually I think my pick would be the 1996 "ultimate interactive movie" for PC, Star Trek: Borg. It looks exactly like TNG/VOY Trek, sounds like it, too (so no visual discontinuity), and it had a really colorful cast of supporting characters (including John Cothran aka Telok, Nu'Daq, and Gralik Durr and Marnie McPhail aka Inge Eiger) plus some very nifty lore that fit nicely into the universe (Bijani pain trances! Targus's torture-recovery implant!). All this without needing to rely on era icons or time locations.

Above, all, though, it would open up some interesting possibilities for [Q] and [Bor], which are the weird corners of the game that really set my imagination alight. Star Trek Borg was the final appearance of the Borg before the development of the Borg Queen, and I always love that.

In fact, we've already used Star Trek: Borg in the CCG: Q of Borg uses art from the game.

Of course, I'm making all these pragmatic arguments, but, in this case, they're all just cover for the fact that I have very very fond memories of playing this game in my youth. I was stuck on the Disc 2 commbadge-hands puzzle for months, the Disc 3 Borg passcode puzzle for years, but that didn't stop me playing!

So, yeah, Star Trek: Borg would be my pick.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Lower Decks. It is a continuation of the TNG-Nemesis-Voyager era that the game resides in, and so many of that stories (and gags) come from that nostalgic timeframe.

Consequences be damned. Start with Tribbles, then add ST:LD cards to 1E.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Star Trek Animated show if we can't use anything newer than Ent. and probably Strange New World if anything made in the last couple of years. At least it's trying to holed true to the basis that Star Trek was built on.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
We technically added Star Trek: Picard into the game. Didn't anyone else read the new Guinan's lore?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I think we all know how I feel...

The Vegas Experience or Armada II. It'd also be nice to see more cards from Armada I. I really doubt Activision is going to care about a 20+ years old dead game franchise they no longer have the Star Trek copyright to.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
enabrantain wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:32 pm I think we all know how I feel...

The Vegas Experience or Armada II. It'd also be nice to see more cards from Armada I. I really doubt Activision is going to care about a 20+ years old dead game franchise they no longer have the Star Trek copyright to.

Oh! Oh! "The Vegas Experience!"

[Equ] That Thing on Borg Adventure 4D That Sprays Your Face With Stuff

[Fed] [NA] [1E-AU] The Picard Ancestor Who May (or may not) Be You

[Inc] The Vegas Experience: Seeds on Table. Download 2004 Earth - Las Vegas Hilton. Download "Ferengi" Bartender and "Klingon" with Terrible Face Loaf 2004 Earth.

[Kli] [NA] [1E-AU] "Klingon" with Terrible Face Loaf - Lore: "I gotta call my agent..."

[1E-Fer] [NA] [1E-AU] "Ferengi" Bartender - Lore: Hew-mon. Always makes a vodka tonic with blue food coloring and a cherry regardless of the stupid drink name the customer orders. Hates Star Trek. Romantically involved with the thought of bartending on the strip.

God. I miss that place. :(

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Serious Answer: Strange New Worlds and/or Lower Decks
They feel like the most "Trek" out of all the new "Treks"

Non-Serious-but-kind-of-serious Answer: The Orville

I'm also intrigued by Armada. I loved the hell out of that game.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
If we’re going down the computer game avenue, the one I loved was DS9’s The Fallen. Not much “new” stuff it would add, but I’d love to see it in there!

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Star Trek Online. While it could create a weird situation of certain things having dual property logos, at the same time? Just about every currently existing affiliation would get some sort of support.

By Slayer07
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hmm that's a hard one. I feel like most comics would use the property logo of the series they originate from, though I don't know how that works with the Star Trek Unlimited series. Same with the books, though again how that works in later novels I don't know.

I want to say Star Trek Elite Forces...assuming that wouldn't just be put under Voyager or The Next Generation (depending on the game)

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
unfortunately, it's not that easy. Even if they still have the right to publish the game they don't have the right to give anyone else the right to use the star trek brand.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]