This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Smiley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:55 am unfortunately, it's not that easy. Even if they still have the right to publish the game they don't have the right to give anyone else the right to use the star trek brand.
Yeah. After the Starfleet Technical manual gave ADB the ability to do Starfleet Battles through that sort of licensing? Any situation where "Oh hey, you can totally do this thing based on our thing that is based on a thing owned by some other guys" is asking for trouble from the IP holders.

Which makes me sad, because a "Demons of Air and Darkness" Iconian Tal Shiar deck would be fun.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I guess you'll just have to keep milking what Decipher left you with. But they DID do Armada cards. Maybe you could sneak a few more of those in, but just use the generic property logo: Star Trek Customizable Card Game. Flip the image, change the color a little, add something else into the picture. There's always a loop-hole. Quick, someone make a picture making fun of my idea, Borg Fusion Cube fighting the Death Star over top of a giant bowl of spagetti in space. "Does this change it enough?" :P

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
The Animated Series. I’ve wanted to see them (in both editions) for a long time.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lower Decks would be my first choice; I was iffy on it for the first few episodes but I've come around to really appreciating how well it has captured the TNG-Voy era feel, with a big dose of millennial cynical-sarcasm. The humor of the show would work well for an "Unglued" style comedy expansion, while the more serious aspects of the show could produce some genuinely fun and competitive cards. The one thing I would hope is maintained is that the crew of the Cerritos generally and the main characters specifically should carry significant drawbacks to stick with the theme of "worst crew in the fleet".

Strange New Worlds
would be runner up, entirely for the sake of getting more Gorn cards.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
A Lower Decks "side game" where whoever completes the most missions that have already been completed gets a bonus of some kind would be phenomenal.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:15 pm A Lower Decks "side game" where whoever completes the most missions that have already been completed gets a bonus of some kind would be phenomenal.
that is fantastic and I want this now.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
[Door] Cargo Bay Door
Place atop your Lower Deck during seed phase. Lower Decks are now open and in play; you must download Second Contact. Lower Deck may only contain cards with the Star.Trek: Lower Decks logo. Your draw deck cannot contain any cards with the Star Trek: Lower Decks logo. Once per turn you may search your Lower Deck for a card and play it for free where it could normally report.

[Obj] Second Contact
Your Star Trek: Lower Decks personnel may attempt missions that have already been completed. At the start of each such mission attempt, your opponent may search their Lower Deck or dilemmas that have been removed from the game for one dilemma and seed it under that mission. Upon each completion, score 10 points. Mission may not be recompleted again.

boromirofborg wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:01 am
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:15 pm A Lower Decks "side game" where whoever completes the most missions that have already been completed gets a bonus of some kind would be phenomenal.
that is fantastic and I want this now.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I would totally keep on going with this concept if there’s an appetite for it!

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
abargar7510 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:50 pm I would totally keep on going with this concept if there’s an appetite for it!
Let's design a faux set together. You do half with all this stuff. I'll do my half where I flesh out my temporal incursion side deck (and cards that trigger it).

We'll call it "Project: We doing some sci-fi stuff today!?!?"

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:11 pm
abargar7510 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:50 pm I would totally keep on going with this concept if there’s an appetite for it!
Let's design a faux set together. You do half with all this stuff. I'll do my half where I flesh out my temporal incursion side deck (and cards that trigger it).

We'll call it "Project: We doing some sci-fi stuff today!?!?"
Deal!

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd go with Prodigy over Lower Decks, just because I think it would be able to add more variety than another purely Federation focused show.

That said my true heart of hearts answer is Starfleet Academy or one of the other FMV games.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]