This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
If I was the TD I’d say you are targeting the Away Team of X people and once targeted you cannot add or subtract from X.

After all it would be pretty stupid if you could target one person, move your ship there, beam down 4 people and say “okay now I’m rescuing these five people”.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:57 pm If I was the TD I’d say you are targeting the Away Team of X people and once targeted you cannot add or subtract from X.

After all it would be pretty stupid if you could target one person, move your ship there, beam down 4 people and say “okay now I’m rescuing these five people”.
The thing is, based on the current definition of away team, I'm pretty sure you could do exactly that.... :roll:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Couldn’t you have done that anyway with the cross-quadrant version?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:26 pm Couldn’t you have done that anyway with the cross-quadrant version?
Yeah. You need at least one person "stranded" so you have an away team to target, but once you're there, you can beam down more for extra card draws.

VV just makes it a stupid easy point and draw engine. I may have to find a way to abuse it... :shifty:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
there is nothing limiting how many of these you play so i would say you can keep playing as many as you want, but as you noted you have to complete Rescue Personnel before you play the next one because you can't have 2 Rescue Personnel on the same ship at the same time.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]