This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I didn't want to spam the forum with my questions so I have combined them together here. With Seventeen of Seventeen in the new Nemesis set, I am wondering if it is even possible to build a viable deck using the U.S.S. Enterprise-E (20th Anniversary) with They Will Be Coming?

The Borg Cubes allow a reporting function directly to the ship that the Enterprise-E lacks. They Will Be Coming allows you to report a ❖ drone for free to the ship. If you use the ships download for the First Contact version of the Borg Queen can the drone she downloads report directly to her in place of a card draw? Maybe use New Arrivals for its second function for card draws since you won't be playing more than one drone for free? For veteran Borg players, is it even possible to make the Enterprise-E only Borg ship work?

For Recover Stolen Material, it states "You may immediately seed an [Artifact] here". Does that mean you seed your artifact to where you encounter it first or do you encounter your opponent's dilemmas to earn the object?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 pm
For Recover Stolen Material, it states "You may immediately seed an [Artifact] here". Does that mean you seed your artifact to where you encounter it first or do you encounter your opponent's dilemmas to earn the object?
You would encounter it first, but unless you have some way to acquire it immediately, it will move to the end of the dilemma stack. For example: HQ: Return Orb to Bajor

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:42 pm I didn't want to spam the forum with my questions so I have combined them together here. With Seventeen of Seventeen in the new Nemesis set, I am wondering if it is even possible to build a viable deck using the U.S.S. Enterprise-E (20th Anniversary) with They Will Be Coming?

The Borg Cubes allow a reporting function directly to the ship that the Enterprise-E lacks. They Will Be Coming allows you to report a ❖ drone for free to the ship. If you use the ships download for the First Contact version of the Borg Queen can the drone she downloads report directly to her in place of a card draw? Maybe use New Arrivals for its second function for card draws since you won't be playing more than one drone for free? For veteran Borg players, is it even possible to make the Enterprise-E only Borg ship work?

A person in my playgroup has been running that version of a borg deck even before 17 of 17. It's pretty neat. He also runs a Temporal Benefactor with Tomolok and his main goal is to Stop First Contact. I don't think it's necessarily top-tier competitive, but not all decks should be. He's Ricecakes92 and/or Bariel of Borg if you want to search it out.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:08 am @stressedoutatumc
How does the reporting work?

Did your guy ran only universal drones?
It looks interesting but I am not the best at reading a deck list and interpreting the plays

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm seeing a few flaws in this deck that I think are based on a misunderstanding of how the cards work...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 am
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:35 am I'm seeing a few flaws in this deck that I think are based on a misunderstanding of how the cards work...
Yeah, that's likely, we both get confused alot, lol. Any notes I can pass along?
How is he reporting the unique personnel?

I don't think FF: Recovered works when your only two ships are the Enterprise-E since you can't download the second copy (it says any OTHER enterprise).

Those were the two off the top of my head.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
The • report aboard Borg Tactical Cube and most of then are [SCD] so they report for free once a turn.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:22 am I think I missed the Tac Cube because it's in the seed deck. What's allowing it to seed?
They will be comming? I assume the enterprise gets downloaded with wall of ship?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:06 pm
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:22 am I think I missed the Tac Cube because it's in the seed deck. What's allowing it to seed?
They will be comming? I assume the enterprise gets downloaded with wall of ship?
Ok, but then the Tac Cube isn't a seed card, it's a seed phase download.

Dude is shorting himself.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:55 am
stressedoutatumc wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:50 am
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:35 am I'm seeing a few flaws in this deck that I think are based on a misunderstanding of how the cards work...
Yeah, that's likely, we both get confused alot, lol. Any notes I can pass along?
How is he reporting the unique personnel?

I don't think FF: Recovered works when your only two ships are the Enterprise-E since you can't download the second copy (it says any OTHER enterprise).

Those were the two off the top of my head.
I think he is saving the unique personnel for a dilemma download. I see that he added bluegill which was a suggestion I made for that purpose.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:22 pm

He only has 25 seed cards listed, including the Seed Phase Download, and he only has 12 dilemmas in the deck. I think there might have been an entry error, or he forgot 2 of his dilemma combos at home for the tourney?

The Outside the game borg look like his Bluegills, and his benefactor.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:25 pm
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:22 pm

He only has 25 seed cards listed, including the Seed Phase Download, and he only has 12 dilemmas in the deck. I think there might have been an entry error, or he forgot 2 of his dilemma combos at home for the tourney?

The Outside the game borg look like his Bluegills, and his benefactor.
There s a borg dilemma that downloads drones to your ship and then proceed in assimilating it. Maybe he took it out? Not sure, tbh.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0