This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I don’t see any limitations on the second part of Orb Experience. I mean, if I have three of these in my hand can I look at all three dilemmas under a mission?

That almost seems too good to be true.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Takket wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:17 am I don’t see any limitations on the second part of Orb Experience. I mean, if I have three of these in my hand can I look at all three dilemmas under a mission?

That almost seems too good to be true.
Yes, just get an orb artifact.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
They don't call it "interrupt spam" for nothing, my dude...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I feel kind of stupid now, as one of the few people who has used this card in the past decades, for never realizing that "any card in the game" includes seed cards.

I would, at worst, look at something in your hand. What a maroon.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Why do people seem to forget that while interrupt spam is a thing, there's been an app for that since Premiere...? :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:02 pm Looks like a bad comination with Kirk's Reading Glasses (bad for your opponent)
Sure, but at this point we're talking about earning two artifacts, and by that point you're pretty close to winning if you haven't already. Even granting that it's easier to get an Orb than other artifacts, I'm still not sure this is the most broken two-artifact combo out there...

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:08 pm Why do people seem to forget that while interrupt spam is a thing, there's been an app for that since Premiere...? :shifty:
Yes... make it seedable or give it a [Ref].
As it is now it is almost unuseable. You have to waste a precious cardplay and you have to draw into it.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:00 am
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:08 pm Why do people seem to forget that while interrupt spam is a thing, there's been an app for that since Premiere...? :shifty:
Yes... make it seedable or give it a [Ref].
As it is now it is almost unuseable. You have to waste a precious cardplay and you have to draw into it.
I had similar thoughts with respect to stocking them in your deck. Yes, that is the counter, but it interferes with deck design pretty harshly for the just the possibility of someone abusing interrupts.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:34 am I feel kind of stupid now, as one of the few people who has used this card in the past decades, for never realizing that "any card in the game" includes seed cards.

I'm embarrassed for you James. I was looking at dilemmas in 1998. Looking forward to doing again this year. Was hoping people would know to keep it to themselves but I guess some people like to give away the farm and hurt their surprise factor before they play a game.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
This thread is a good reminder to build out [BB] dilemma combos in my deck for the release event. :shifty:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:46 pm This thread is a good reminder to build out [BB] dilemma combos in my deck for the release event. :shifty:
I mean, yes and no. Recover Stolen Material lets you seed the artifact in the facility phase (so first encountered) and HQ: Return Orb to Bajor let's you immediately earn your Orb artifact of choice. Paired with a turn 1 download of Kira Nerys off of Defend Homeworld just means you need to find the HQ card in your opening hand, which should not be hard if you run enough of them. That said, I am sure I am not the first person to come up with this combo - most likely @Kaiser already has.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:23 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:34 am I feel kind of stupid now, as one of the few people who has used this card in the past decades, for never realizing that "any card in the game" includes seed cards.

I'm embarrassed for you James. I was looking at dilemmas in 1998. Looking forward to doing again this year. Was hoping people would know to keep it to themselves but I guess some people like to give away the farm and hurt their surprise factor before they play a game.
Says the guy who posted this freebie. At least you announced it as a freebie. :P

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]