This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hey folks,

Happy Friday! I've had a long week and I'm looking forward to a mentally-refreshing weekend off. But before I sign off for the day, I have another question for you and it's about missed opportunities in our recently completed "Motion Pictures block." Specifically, which characters, locations, or story beats did we leave out that you were expecting to see.

My personal one is Praxis. I was really hoping to see a mission and/or an objective about helping the Klingons recover from this disaster. It would have been a lot of work, especially since we'd need to go back and errata the existing Qo'noS missions to get a region, but I would have found it really cool. A close second would be stealing the Enterprise from spacedock. And I've read on some forum posts that some of you were hoping for more Bak'u / So'na / Insurrection content in general, but we'd love to hear the specifics.

What are the missing movie moments we didn't cover?

I'll say that while it's unlikely we'll do another "Motion Picture" themed expansion again for a while, there's plenty of opportunity to add new cards into upcoming projects. So sound off and tell us what we missed!

Have a great weekend, all! And don't forget to vote in the March Madness Prelude poll (closing Sunday) to help shape this year's bracket.

-crp

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Search for Spock is way underrepresented in both 1E and 2E.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Well you nailed the line I've always wanted to see.... GIVE ME GENESIS!!!!!! I actually say this all the time whenever I'm trying to move something heavy lol

Few things I could think of that could have been card......
Spock's rapid aging in III
Those giant microbes on the torpedo tube in III
Something with the image of Decker "joining" with V'Ger
Something with V'Ger's probes it surrounded Earth with
Captain's Yacht (Insurrection)

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
MidnightLich wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:48 pm My personal one is Praxis.
I would love to see Praxis as well, as an asymmetrical mission that non-Klingon players can rotate with an objective.

I’d also like to see the assassination of Chancellor Gorkon as an thing you can do.

Honestly, anything from The Undiscovered Country. It’s my favorite movie.

By Yalenus
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:06 pm

I’d also like to see the assassination of Chancellor Gorkon as an thing you can do.
Was about to say this. A Federation "Timeline disrupted in...." style objective. What it would cause though is the question (along with to be or not to be).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I don't want Moral Choice in 1E, but I do want that moment, where Picard makes the moral choice. Shivers down my spine, every time.

I just want a more interesting card out of it. :)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Christmas trees in the Nexus!! Hmmm... there's a shot that could make for a Headquarters, too. Seat of Picard?!

P.S. As Picard became unsettled by the reality, it's so wholesome that, to my mind, he went looking for Guinan.
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Those three ships. The interrupt with a hotly debated name. The terrible missions created from throwaway lines. All of these I was sad to cut, but doing so made the set better. I'm hopeful we'll see the first two eventually.

I'm bummed we couldn't make those missions though. They were an opportunity to give non-Fed affiliations more to do.

archaeological expedition
Hanoran II: Explore ruins accessible between monsoon seasons.
"...Oh no! We can't delay the archaeological expedition to Hanoran Two. That'll put us right in the middle of monsoon season."

mediate territorial dispute
Goren System: Help the locals settle an recurring argument.
"Command wants to know our ETA at the Goren system."
"The Goren system?"
"They need us to mediate some territorial dispute."

Prepare Defense Perimeter
Manzar Colony: Complete upgrades to ensure safety of colonists.
"Worf!"
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"I was at the Manzar colony..."

Anyway. More things like Recover Stolen Material. Stories off screen that could have been done by anyone. I may go back to them some day, given the opportunity.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I continue to think it's a bit strange that the entire events of "The Voyage Home" can effectively happen in one turn with zero chance of failure; Time travel to Cetacean Institute, Beam up Whales and Whale-doctor, time travel back to 24th century Earth, enjoy bonus points.

Considering how many dilemma cards exist representing the various obstacles that the crew had to overcome while visiting 1986 it has bugged me that the game (Decipher's design, admittedly) didn't allow for dilemmas to be seeded under Time Locations to slow down Whales, Tribble-murdering Kirk, things like that. Likewise, it's weird that "Facilitate Peace Talks" plays on modern Khitomer, when really it's meant to be occurring in 23rd Century Khitomer.

I guess I'm just ranting but my point is that I'd really love to see a future set based on time-travel do a complete overhaul of the time travel rules and make Time Locations function closer to mission cards, or at least function like Empok Nor.

Some missing cards I wanted to see:
-Reborn Spock from Search for Spock
-New tactic cards based on the many ship battles; Reliant vs Enterprise in the nebula, Enterprise-E jumping in front of the bullet to save Defiant.
-Dr. McCoy with his beard and sexy 70's chest medallion (and [NA] !)
-Android version of Ilia and an objective card for her and Decker to "join"

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd like to see a Generations set featuring the remaining bridge crew, the USS Enterprise-D from the movie, maybe some cards to help [Kli] treachery themed decks. The Nexus theme could use a few new cards, too.

It also be nice to get a [CF] Generations set of some kind. Some incentives to play the USS Enterprise-B and take her for a maiden voyage. Reporters, dignitaries, VIP Kirk, VIP Scott. SS Lokul with more El-Aurien refugees.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Agreed. Generations has beautiful cinematography that would look great on cards, but I feel that the movie's reputation probably gets in the way of cards from it from being designed.

enabrantain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:46 am I'd like to see a Generations set featuring the remaining bridge crew, the USS Enterprise-D from the movie, maybe some cards to help [Kli] treachery themed decks. The Nexus theme could use a few new cards, too.

It also be nice to get a [CF] Generations set of some kind. Some incentives to play the USS Enterprise-B and take her for a maiden voyage. Reporters, dignitaries, VIP Kirk, VIP Scott. SS Lokul with more El-Aurien refugees.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
If one is looking for things to design cards around from the movies, there's still lots left for a top-down set or two. Maybe not just the most obvious things or just new versions of older cards already in the game.

Many good things have been said above already and I just wanted to add that we are still missing the 1E version of the "Would you like a trip to Romulus".

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Another boutique set could be "Happy First Contact Day". [NA] Versions of the incognito First Contact crew members that can report to 2063, dual card of Lilly and Zeph. Some new [1E-Int] , [1E-S] , [D] , [Dual] , [Obj] , [1E-Evt] , [Art] etc. from the 2063 Earth scenes in the movie. And perhaps some [MQ] from Enterprise's version of those events.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]