This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Gul Dakar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E German National Participant 2024
When playing a TNG Ferengi deck against a friend today, the following situation occurred:

We had a ship battle, where the Ferengi destroyed one of my friend´s ships. What would have happened, if it was only damaged? According to Ferengi Military Operations I can commandeer an opponent´s ship if my Daimon is present. He was. Do I also need to have personnel aboard that ship, or is it just "mine" after the battle. If so, what happens to the crew aboard the commandeered ship? Are they captured?

Thanks a lot :cheersL:

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ferengi Military Operations has three different triggers. If any of those events happen, you get to choose two of the three rewards:
Once per game, if your [Fer] DaiMon is at a location where you [either]
  • win a battle,
  • capture an opponent's personnel, or
  • commandeer an opponent's ship,
[THEN you get to] choose two of the following
  • score 5 points,
  • draw two cards, or
  • download an equipment there.
Commandeering a ship is one of the triggers you need to get the rewards. Commandeering is really hard in general. Ferengi Military Operations does not let you commandeer in itself.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Enabran wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:10 pm Can I choose 2 times the same? eg 2 x 5 points?
I don't think so. I think choose two of the following means just that: there's three different cookies on the plate and you get to eat two of them.

By Gul Dakar
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E German National Participant 2024
FranklinKenter wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:44 pm Ferengi Military Operations has three different triggers. If any of those events happen, you get to choose two of the three rewards:
Once per game, if your [Fer] DaiMon is at a location where you [either]
  • win a battle,
  • capture an opponent's personnel, or
  • commandeer an opponent's ship,
[THEN you get to] choose two of the following
  • score 5 points,
  • draw two cards, or
  • download an equipment there.
Commandeering a ship is one of the triggers you need to get the rewards. Commandeering is really hard in general. Ferengi Military Operations does not let you commandeer in itself.
Thanks for explaining the card to me. I keep misreading and so misunterstanding just too often :?

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]