This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey there, I'm just scratching my head over the utility of the third function of "Comfort Women"

I was thinking of building an Orion-themed deck and trying to get the most out of the girls that we have, and as far as I can see the Comfort Women card which has the slave girls front and center in the art doesn't actually DO much for them? The obvious home base for the [22] Orions is Smuggler's Rendezvous, which the orions are already native to. And the third function of Comfort Women seeds on Verex 3 (Orion homeworld), which Orions can already report (for free) to. So this just seems like a totally wasted Seed Slot? What am I missing here?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
The slave girls aren’t native to certain time locations (like Drone Control Room) so this adds them to that and keeps the personnel you report all together (rather than being spread across space and time). You could of course still report them to Verex III, if that is somewhere you would be naturally passing though.

But if you aren’t adding them to another sub-group, it is of less use.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
There aren't enough [22] [1E-Rom] to build a deck, and there is no way to make more. (All images have been used.) The Design team for Cold Front (me among them), working on 22 Rommies, concluded that they needed outside help from off-faction cards, and made three options for that: the Vulcan treaty, The Spires of Romulus, and Comfort Women.

Surprisingly (to me), Spires ended up getting more use, even though I think CW is stronger (and makes more in-universe sense).
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]