This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Happy Friday All! Hope you’re all enjoying Nemesis and sitting down to watch the latest offerings from Star Trek: Picard! It’s both these things which have inspired todays Friday Question…

Many things in Trek have often been talked about but not seen directly.

Some common examples are would be Morn talking, anyone actually playing Parrisese Squares, Ensign (later Lt) Vilix’Pran budding more offspring on DS9, or the various (non-secret agent) Holoprograms that O’Brien and Bashir enjoyed.

More recent examples include (SPOILERS for Picard S3 Ep3)
Odo’s intel for Worf or Picard and Bev hooking up

Two recent examples that we’ve enjoyed as cards in the CCG world are the Son’a working with the Dominion, or Reman troops being used in the Dominion War.

So this weeks question: What other events not pictured on screen (but heard about) would you like to see depicted on a 1E card?

Maybe it’s some historical event, like the Enterprise-C battling the Romulans? Or a something more comedic, like Scotty beaming all the Tribbles on to the IKS Gr'oth? Or just some social event, like Janeway’s performance at Talent night?

Let us know!

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Anything that can make a cool mission. =)

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
- Romulans attacking Worf's colony. (Where we already get Mogh and Ja'rod)
- More of the battles of Wolf 359 or Sector 001
- the cardassian and romulan ships suspected to have been pulled by caretaker (the voyager conspiracy)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Captain Bodeigh (sp? - romantic partner for jadzia)
The Borg restarting their expansion after Voyager (Picard s2)
Breen Homeworld
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:12 pm Captain Bodeigh (sp? - romantic partner for jadzia)
I always spelled that Boday in my head.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:12 pm Captain Bodeigh (sp? - romantic partner for jadzia)
That was the very first thing I thought of! LOL

others.......

Battle of Maxia
First Officer Spock's "reforms" that led to the downfall of [TE] and rise of [KCA]
The species that "cast off" their evil to make Armus
Geordi's Mom and her ship
[/url]https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tomed_Incident[/url]
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Was rewatching The Maquis (part 1) this morning.

Next time we do Worlds in Germany, we need an image of Ben Sisko and Cal Hudson wearing lederhosen, eating sausages and drinking beer…

HUDSON: Makes you pine for the good old dull days in New Berlin, doesn't it? Sausage and beer all around, and everyone's idea of a good time was the mazurka Festival.
SISKO: Gretchen and Jennifer had a ball together there, didn't they?
HUDSON: I'll never forget the sight of you in those lederhosen.
SISKO: I still have the hat.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Easy: the crew of the Starship Intrepid. They are all Vulcans, but at a period when Vulcans were apparently not members of Starfleet, so you could have some minor integration of ❖ [Vul] and [Fed]. See my earlier post: viewtopic.php?p=592557#p592557.

Such a card would work with
Takket wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:01 pm Geordi's Mom and her ship
[/url]https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tomed_Incident[/url]
, the USS Hera because it was also crewed by Vulcans as well as the USS T'Kumbra, from DS9's Take Me Out to the Holosuites.

Also, I would love to see missions for destroyed locitions

A mission that takes on Praxis -- or the asteroid field that used to be Praxis -- would be fun, especially since the Klingons are the only Alpha Quadrant affiliation who do not have another mission in the region with their homeworld. (Ideally, it would be a space mission, although if we wanted to have real fun we would make a time location that is a planet location in the [OS] or early [CF] eras.)

The voyager episode "The Omega Directive" refers to the "Lantaru sector" where Warp Drive doesn't work because a single omega particle destroyed subspace there to which Tom Paris said: "It's impossible to create a stable warp field there. You can only fly through it at sublight speeds. I was always told that was a natural phenomenon." Sounds like a fun mission that has high span, but maybe allows you to use ships that get bonuses when traversing a region to get across it. Or maybe that automatically downloads Subspace Warp Rift when seeded?

Another good one would be Chaltok IV -- which was a Romulan outpost destroyed during research into polaric energy and led to the Polaric Test Ban Treaty of 2268.
Last edited by WeAreBack on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
During the last season or two of DS9, there are many mentions of battles.

Those would be just wonderful including an expansion on the Siege of AR-558. Honestly, you could do almost a complete release expansion on the Siege of AR-558. There are objectives, incidents, personnel and it would the perfect time to design and release a "Battle Bridge Door" but for personnel battles.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:20 pm release a "Battle Bridge Door" but for personnel battles.
If such a doorway is created, it would be good to phrase the card to allow you to include any card that plays during a personnel battle (or with a particular icon and then errata that icon onto existing cards), like Honor Challenge, Klingon right of Vengeance, I Do Not Take Orders From You!, I'm a Doctor, Not a Doorstop, Remember the Alamo, Strike Three and Vulcan Nerve Pinch.

One of the sad things about introducing tactics the way decipher did is that all of the existing cards affecting ship battles, like Asteroid Sanctuary, Magnetic North and Anti-Matter Spread were never included and so rarely get used.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation