This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey folks,

Wasn't sure if this was a gameplay or rules question so I went here.

If one was to complete Stop First Contact at Earf, can it then be re-targeted with Assimilate Homeworld afterwards?

Ie. Play Assimilate Homeworld on Earth. Play Stop First Contact, suspends Assimilate Homeworld. Complete Stop First Contact. Download objective, which would be Assimilate Homeworld.

Two things are popping into my head:

1) Not entirely certain I can assimilate Earth after SFC is completed. I dont *think* there is a rule preventing that except .....

2) ..... the first Assimilate Homeworld is technically still in play, albeit suspended. Can another one be put in play at the same time as the other one?

Anywho, just checking.

Thank ya kindly.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Sigh. I REALLY gotta read the cards in full. I totally didnt see the "suspended objective completed" part.

I hang my head in shame.

Thaaaaaaaank you.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:20 am Sigh. I REALLY gotta read the cards in full. I totally didnt see the "suspended objective completed" part.

I hang my head in shame.

Thaaaaaaaank you.
Lol no worries.

If I had a dollar for every time I didn't read a card...

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 am If I had a dollar for every time I didn't read a card...
Attachments:
shutup-and-take-my-money.jpg
shutup-and-take-my-money.jpg (12.56 KiB) Viewed 795 times

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It just really reminds me why I'll never be a world class player haha

And yup, Population 9 Billion was originally what made me think of the question. It changes the result a bit (the hope was that the 2nd Assimilate Homeworld was doubled). But it makes way more sense this way :P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:16 am It just really reminds me why I'll never be a world class player haha

And yup, Population 9 Billion was originally what made me think of the question. It changes the result a bit (the hope was that the 2nd Assimilate Homeworld was doubled). But it makes way more sense this way :P
I mean, you can do another Assimilate Homeworld, and as long as it's in the Alpha Quadrant, it will be doubled, but you'll need to do the Counterpart shuffle (much easier with Data of Borg), but even if you do all of that you'll be at 120 points with no space mission scouted, so you'll likely still not win.

This sounds like one of those "yes it works, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea" scenarios. :wink:

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:39 am
Se7enofMine wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:16 am It just really reminds me why I'll never be a world class player haha

I mean, you can do another Assimilate Homeworld, and as long as it's in the Alpha Quadrant, it will be doubled, but you'll need to do the Counterpart shuffle (much easier with Data of Borg), but even if you do all of that you'll be at 120 points with no space mission scouted, so you'll likely still not win.

This sounds like one of those "yes it works, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea" scenarios. :wink:
Ha. No, thats fair. I figure Assimilate Homeworld, Establish Gateway (doubled), Resistance is Futile ... gets it done. Which is totally fine. That was my original plan. Then I saw pop 9 bil and turned myself around. I should just stop overthinking things :P

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Se7enofMine wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:36 am
Armus wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:39 am

Ha. No, thats fair. I figure Assimilate Homeworld, Establish Gateway (doubled), Resistance is Futile ... gets it done. Which is totally fine. That was my original plan. Then I saw pop 9 bil and turned myself around. I should just stop overthinking things :P
It Sure Does!

That deck is a few years old at this point but it's probably still playable today. Feel free to borrow from it! :cheersL:

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:02 am

It Sure Does!

That deck is a few years old at this point but it's probably still playable today. Feel free to borrow from it! :cheersL:
I see Temporal Benefactor in the deck pulling Weyoun of Borg. I guess this is solely for getting Timepod Ring? Unless I am mistaken, no-one gains Weyouns skills.. right?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TyKajada wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:50 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:02 am

It Sure Does!

I see Temporal Benefactor in the deck pulling Weyoun of Borg. I guess this is solely for getting Timepod Ring? Unless I am mistaken, no-one gains Weyouns skills.. right?
Timepod Ring AND Disrupted Continuum, which makes it totally worth the seed slot.

Weyoun of Borg is my benefactor because it was the only way I could get him into a winning deck for the casting achievement... :wink:
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]