This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

Which of these programs would you like to see happen?

March Madness
15%
Will of the Collective
15%
Will of the Collective - Extreme
5%
Make it So
11%
Make it So Academy
9%
First Edition Demo Day
13%
Story Tournaments/Play
11%
Community Achievements
7%
Office Hours Live Streams
13%
None of these appeal to me!
2%
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hello folks!

Back in December, I asked you about upcoming expansions and potential upcoming expansions. Your responses were very interesting to read, and have been valuable in future planning. Today, I'd like to ask you a similar question about non-expansion programs and/or experiences. If you aren't sure what I mean, consider the First Edition March Madness that's going on right now. March Madness is a program where you get to be involved in something that isn't directly related to new cards. I hope that makes sense, but if not, ask!

Below is a list of both returning and new programs or experiences that we are considering for the future. Please read through these summaries and then vote for any of the ones that interest you; there's also an option for "None." You can vote for all of them if they all interest you! And if you have any questions about what these are, I'm happy to explain more.

That's today's questions: which returning or potentially new 1E programs or experiences are you most excited for? And is there anything in particular about them that you're excited about?

-crp

Potential New & Returning Programs or Experiences
These are presented in no particular order.

March Madness
As we're approaching the end of the 5th version of this, it might seem like a gimmie. In case you aren't following, this is a tournament where 64 different card concepts battle it out in single elimination format. The community votes on the results of each match, with the eventually winner getting to become a virtual card.

Will of the Collective
This is a community-driven design process by which we design a card (or cards) based on your ideas and your votes. Previously, we've made Yarnek and Examine Morality (among others). It generally runs for 6-10 weeks here on the forums.

Will of the Collective - Extreme Edition
In this larger and more intense version of Will of the Collective, we'd work together to design a themed boutique expansion instead of a single card. There would, by necessity, be a lot more restrictions on something like this due to the larger nature of it.

Make it So
This is a reality show style competition where contestants design cards against various challenges. Some challenges are individual, some are team-based, but at the end, the winner joins the 1E design team.

Make it So Academy
This is intended to be an online class teaching how we, the CC, design for First Edition. There would be a limited class size, but the classes would be recorded and posted for anyone to watch. At the end of the course, anyone that "passes the final exam" gets to work on an upcoming 1E design team.

First Edition Demo Day
An online live stream where volunteers from the department of 1E broadcast live games, answer questions, and generally get people interested in and engaged with the game.

Story Tournaments/Play
During a designated weekend/month/other time period, we would recreate classic or potential Trek story moments based on what people play. For example, perhaps we recreate parts of the Dominon War. DS9 Fed, Bajoran, and Klingon decks would contribute to an alliance victory, and Dominion or Cardassian decks would contribute to their victory. Participants would have the chance to win prizes, and the winning team dictates a future promo and/or future storyline events.

Community Achievements
The community of players is given a goal, or goals - play Hirogen 100 times, play decks with no universal cards, etc. If the goal is reached in a reasonable time frame, everyone that participated gets a prize.

Office Hour Live Streams
A regular live stream in which leaders in the Department of 1E (rules master, creative team lead, balance team, director, etc.) answer questions, discuss issues, and more. Videos would be put up on YouTube after for anyone that couldn't watch live.

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I won't be available Saturday the 27th. Have other[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]