This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Hello all, and welcome to this week’s Friday Question!

It’s a simple one this week: What’s your favourite ship and why?

Maybe you love the classic NCC 1701 design? Or perhaps you yearn for the good old days of TNG and haven’t forgiven Deanna for crash landing her? Maybe you prefer a tough little Defiant class vessel? Or maybe the sleek lines of the Voyager appeal more to you?

Or maybe it’s an alien design? Does the classic Klingon bird of prey, the imposing D’deridex warbirds, or the monstrous Borg Cube float your boat? What would have pride of place in your personal Fleet Museum?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
My favorite ship by far is the U.S.S. Enterprise-E. I love its lines. I also love every shot where they have a nebula background on it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
TrekVerse: The U.S.S. Enterprise-C.

It only made a brief appearance but it was in my single favorite TNG episode. Something about the appearance of it specifically, and Ambassador-class ships generally, really appeals to me both from an aesthetic and story line perspective.

Unfortunately, neither edition of the game has made a version of the ship to match its level of awesomeness, so it's NOT my answer for favorite GameVerse ship. I'll have to think on that one and get back to you.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
In universe, I've always had a soft spot for the Romulan D'deridex class - that big void in the middle always suggests that there's something especially funky going on. (I was a bit bummed when they later switched to the Norexan "take a Klingon ship and paint it green" style.)

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
On screen:

The 1701 refit manages to combine both a sense of mass and a sense of how tiny even the big ships are when sailing the sea of stars. There's a reason why the TMP scene is so long, lovingly showing off all her curves.

The Galaxy class was the one I'd want to live on, and really felt the technology unchained dream.

D'Deridex has always sparked the air of mystery the Romulans deserved.

And the Borg Cube... something about it just manages to show terror. Something about how the cube shape is the Brg's way of technology making nature bend to its will.

And lastly, I truly love the kit bash, ugly dog feel of the Cerritos and the California class.

__

In game, it's much harder. Mainly because the limited space really makes it hard for the ships to have true personalities, beyond stat sticks.

I'd say Voyager, because the SD gives it the story it needs.

Or the Scimitar, because the design of danger comes thru so well.

By Shepard (Matt Carroll)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:13 am My favorite ship by far is the U.S.S. Enterprise-E. I love its lines. I also love every shot where they have a nebula background on it.
I think the Enterprise-E is my favorite as well for similar reasons. It combines the sleekness of Voyager with the more classic Constitution-classesque style around the nacelles that typifies Starfleet ships. With that said, I also have a soft spot for the Defiant and B'rel class birds of prey - something about tough little ships that can cloak I guess.

Aside from that, I actually find a lot of affiliations' ship designs to be kind of meh. Romulan Warbirds are cool (and when one shows up, you know something's going down) and Borg Cubes inspire terror, but Bajorans, Kazon, Dominion, Vidiian, and even Hirogen designs don't really do much for me. Cardassian and Ferengi designs I find actively ugly (though at least they work those shapes into the overall aesthetics for those cultures in the wider trekverse, so there's something consistent there).
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Quote from @flrazor after this week's Picard. Spoiler alert!
Reaction to the first look at the F: "oh, she's a chonky one."

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
I have always liked the Cube. That was so out there at first when I saw it. But Baraka was always the nicest-looking ship. Most played is probably Naprem or Cha'Joh. Nah, who am I kidding? It was always Phoenix.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Takket wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:15 pm Favorite Trek ship is the Ent-D, that is my baby, that's what got me into Star Trek.

I think Ent-E is probably the most attractive Game card.
Like most of us, being torn between D and E seems about average!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
TMP refit in all of its late 70’s glory!

Honorable mention to the D as seen in Generations.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]