This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It's been a while since a 1EFQ asked about the meta, so that's what we're doing tonight:

What are the top 3 decks right now? What are the bottom 3?

Bans on The Final Frontier and The Ultimate User have really changed the landscape of the events I'm playing in, and I'm wondering how that has shaken out everywhere else.

If you're trying to think of what decks are out there, here's all the ones I could think of, mostly stolen from a tier list from five years ago (aka a lifetime ago in meta time):

1. [Vul]
  2. [1E-Rom](All-Property)
  3. [1E-TNG] [Kli]
  4. [SF]
  5. [KCA]
  6. [22] [1E-Rom]
  7. [Bor]
  8. [Hir]
  9. [EE] [Fed]
  10. [Fed] (All-Property)
  11. [1E-TNG] [1E-Rom]
  12. [1E-TNG] [NA]
  13. [1E-TNG] [Fed]
  14. [Dom]
  15. [OS] [TE]
  16. [1E-Rom][Car]
  17. [22] [Kli]
  18. [1E-DS9] [Fed] [Baj]
  19. [TE]
  20. [1E-DS9] [Car]
  21. [1E-TNG] [SF]
  22. [Fer] (All-Property)
  23. [1E-DS9] [Kli] [Fed]
  24. [1E-DQ] [Fed]
  25. [OS] [Fed] [Kli]
  26. [Kaz]
  27. [CF] [Fed] [Kli]
  28. [Kli] (All-Property)
  29. [Vid]
  30. [1E-DQ] [Holo]
  31. [TE] [SF]
  32. [Baj] (All-Property)
  33. [1E-DS9] [Fer] [Dom]
  34. [1E-TNG] [Fer]
  35. [1E-DS9] [Maq]
  36. [1E-DQ] [Maq]
  37. [1E-DS9] [Baj]
  38. [1E-DQ] [Kli]
  39. [1E-TNG] [Maq]
  40. [22] [NA]
Also, there've been some new/revitalized decks since then:
  • [EE] [1E-Rom]
  • [1E-DS9] [1E-Rom]
  • Remans
  • [CF] [1E-TNG] [Fed] (Make A Difference Again)
  • [NA] Sybok
  • [NA] Khan
  • [CF] [Fed]
  • [CF] [Kli]
  • [AQ] [Dom]
  • Dissident [Car]
  • [OS] [Kli]
  • [OS] [1E-Rom]
  • [OS] [Fed]
  • [OS] [NA]
  • [1E-TNG] [Bor]

What rules? What drools? Please tell me so I can pick a good deck for my next event!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I am not sure that the Ban on The Ultimate User slows down [1E-TNG] [Bor] that much because now it can Download drones. It has hurt [1E-TNG] - only [Bor] though.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:24 pm I am not sure that the Ban on The Ultimate User slows down [1E-TNG] [Bor] that much because now it can Download drones. It has hurt [1E-TNG] - only [Bor] though.
IMO, not being able to download objectives was the key thing to take away. The reporting of drones and the card draw wasn’t the powerful part of that card.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I guess for me already playing [1E-TNG] [Bor] in the Neutral Zone and using The Neutral Zone to get my first Consume: Outpost, I saw no downside. This forces you to only play NZ decks so you can use this tech, so for those decks NOT playing NZ it was probably much harder to get started, I'll concede that point.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:19 am I guess for me already playing [1E-TNG] [Bor] in the Neutral Zone and using The Neutral Zone to get my first Consume: Outpost, I saw no downside. This forces you to only play NZ decks so you can use this tech, so for those decks NOT playing NZ it was probably much harder to get started, I'll concede that point.
Completely agree. It’s that second objective that you may have to wait on/build less efficiently for. It essentially makes you increase your deck size to play more A Change of Plans. I’m certainly not saying that it makes the Alpha Borg deck slow, just that I just think the more powerful part of Ultimate User was the downloading objectives part. Drawing and playing mechanics exist across the spectrum but since Bog need objectives to operate that was a serious slowdown ban. Hopefully they bring back the card or decide relentless was really the overpowered card.

First: Tilly Last: Burnham

I (albeit a native English speaker) certainly read[…]

Temporal Benefactor questions

1) yes. 2) yes. 3) only the regular skills a[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Thanks for the good game :-)