This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1. Can I play consume outpost on a planet, download the outpost there, A Change of Plans for Assimilate planet, then assimilate the planet (along with the outpost) and use the outpost? Since the outpost is alpha native, can I report alpha borg there?

2. Is there any kind of trick to getting out pre-made counterparts so I can "service the collective" with them? I've looked at a couple decks that use them and a they are usually a low percentage of the deck, which seems to make drawing into them unlikely. Of course you probably don't actually need one until like turn 3 or 4 at the earliest anyway? Thinking a couple turns playing people, a couple turns getting through dilemmas, you don't need the counterpart there until the turn you finish scouting..... right?

3.There's nothing stopping me from playing Assimilate Planet or establish Gateway, getting through the dilemmas, then A Change of Plans for Harness Particle 010, right? This seems to make a lot more sense since Omega Particle has a countdown, I don't want to let that countdown start if I don't know how long it will take to clear out dilemmas......

4. What is the most efficient way to run a borg deck? With or without New Arrivals? Talking about a Delta quadrant based deck, so not using They Will Be Coming or TNG Borg. Either option assume I've used SOG BQ to DL 2 WATB, then swapped her out with FC BQ. Standard stuff......

With NA:
New arrivals
seven of 9 + FC Borg queen
We are the Borg

1 Free w/ NA
1 Normal Card Play OR Download drone in place of card play 7+BQ
Draw 3 at end of turn (NA+WATB+NCD)

Pro: Should be able to play three Borg each turn, and more card draws at end of turn can be converted into other things like Borg equipment, downloading drones to hand so I can play them next turn, etc....

Con: Only 1 free play per turn

Without NA:
Unicomplex
Borg Tactical Cube (Or maturation Chamber)
seven of 9 + Borg Queen
We Are the Borg

1 free to Uni
1 Free to Borg Tactical Cube (Or Maturation Chamber)
1 Normal Card Play OR Download drone in place of card play 7+BQ
Draw 2 at end of turn (WATB+NCD)

Pro: Could be playing 4 Borg in a turn here with two free plays, Normal card play, convert an end of turn draw into a Drone download

Con: Only drawing two means you aren't generating the card draws needed to sustain these reporting engines, especially if you convert 1 of the end of turn draws into a download.

I think I kind of answered my own question. New Arrivals seems the way to go. Any advice or pointing out flaws in my analysis is appreciated.
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]