This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
That's a fun interaction of the rules you've found. =)
I hope that it will be something easy, like that when Data does not longer have the [Holo] icon, he can technically no longer be deactivated, and as such, he is now in a state the game doesn't recognize, so it's discarded. But knowing this game, it's probably something else entirely. =)
I bet the rules team will either know or will have a fun time figuring it out.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Smiley wrote: I hope that it will be something easy, like that when Data does not longer have the [Holo] icon, he can technically no longer be deactivated, and as such, he is now in a state the game doesn't recognize, so it's discarded.
I think it's even simpler than that: when Data loses the [Holo] icon, the [Holo] rules cease to have any influence over him. He is then simply a regular personnel, neither activated nor deactivated. As long as he isn't stopped, he can go about his business.
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:06 am
Smiley wrote: I hope that it will be something easy, like that when Data does not longer have the [Holo] icon, he can technically no longer be deactivated, and as such, he is now in a state the game doesn't recognize, so it's discarded.
I think it's even simpler than that: when Data loses the [Holo] icon, the [Holo] rules cease to have any influence over him. He is then simply a regular personnel, neither activated nor deactivated. As long as he isn't stopped, he can go about his business.
So in this scenario Data just…rematerializes where ever he happens to be? So like if he was on a planet with a holo emitter, he would just be on the planet as normal Data again?
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !